How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

It’s like something out of Brass Eye. Betrayal ffs!

Its back to the old gym analogy isn't it ? Stop paying subs but still expect access to all the facilities - we leave the EU and then they betray us over our transport links that we voted to take back control of - which we did by cancelling most of HS2 and filling in some potholes instead

I voted remain but mainly because I thought there would be an upheaval. Then there was a long delay in getting it over the line, and then almost as soon as we got done we got a pandemic, a Russia/Ukraine war and now Israel/Hamas, not to mention Liz Truss. I have no idea who Brexit fits in with this all, but if we go back in it will probably be even worse for us because we will pay over the odds and get no favours. The problem with democracy is that the majority tend not to be very well informed, just like most music listeners only listen to popular radio or streaming stations, hence Wham are at number 1.

If we go back in - which is not a simple matter - we will have to accept a standard membership. I am fine with that, and I don't expect favours, just to be one member among equals. It's the UK's silly exceptionalism that caused all the problems.
Maybe this has been the lesson in humility this country needed. Think it’s perfectly reasonable we renter on materially worse terms than we left with. Perfectly stands to reason.

I voted remain but mainly because I thought there would be an upheaval. Then there was a long delay in getting it over the line, and then almost as soon as we got done we got a pandemic, a Russia/Ukraine war and now Israel/Hamas, not to mention Liz Truss. I have no idea who Brexit fits in with this all, but if we go back in it will probably be even worse for us because we will pay over the odds and get no favours. The problem with democracy is that the majority tend not to be very well informed, just like most music listeners only listen to popular radio or streaming stations, hence Wham are at number 1.

why should we get favours? We got opt-outs that we negotiated be people like Thatcher and Major so we are now facing a possible re-entry on the terms as would be offered to any new member state so if they were inviting Morocco or bloody Thailand why would we expect favours.

This was all pointed out at the point of the vote but those hard of understanding put their fingers in their ears and screamed Project Fear because they knew exactly that they would face this.

why should we get favours? We got opt-outs that we negotiated be people like Thatcher and Major so we are now facing a possible re-entry on the terms as would be offered to any new member state so if they were inviting Morocco or bloody Thailand why would we expect favours.

This was all pointed out at the point of the vote but those hard of understanding put their fingers in their ears and screamed Project Fear because they knew exactly that they would face this.
We are going to have to suck it up. We had it so fucking good. And we pitifully overplayed our hand.

We are going to have to suck it up. We had it so fucking good. And we pitifully overplayed our hand.

Reality is we had fuck all good and that membership wasn’t some great evil, nor was it some shield against shit government like we have now.

Better in, leaving was a huge mistake but the EU as some sort of panacea?

Was it fuck.

You don’t hear much ‘you lost, get over it’ or ‘just move on’ any more.
We should never forget what these people have done to our country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.