Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Well it shouldnt be immaterial that's the whole point and the crux of the issue created by IFAB/PGMOL. The law as it is, is an arse, created by people who have limited understanding of the game. Its a shit show!! As every ex pro and both managers have all agreed on.

But you stay in the PGMOL camp if it makes you feel better!!

Different opinions, no issue there. But let's not get silly, no it wasn't both managers agreeing on it, Pep said he didn't see it. And the ex pros that agreed on it were Shearer who was a **** all game, the current Everton manager, the former Everton manager, and michael fucking owen. Clichy argued it was a Penalty. Not that it makes the point any more valid.

I don't see how it is even up for debate, blocks a shot on goal with an outstretched arm. Anything beyond that is just intellectual shithousery, and bet you it doesn't drag on anywhere near that if that is given against us.

People arguing the law is the problem, because one week it is given and the other it is not. That's not a problem with the law, that's an issue with application and poor refereeing.

I'll leave it at that, because there is far more to talk about in that game, and the pundits have clearly done their job in making that the big talking point, well fuck, that.

Should never be a pen for me. The only unnatural position for an arm to be when playing football and moving is flat down by your sides.

But the law is a mess and under the current guise its the correct decision…. Needs to change tho imo
Pretty much as long as I’ve watched football that would have been given as a penalty regardless of the interpretation

All this fuss surrounding the penalty.
Here's Clattenburg: Former referee Mark Clattenberg on Amazon Prime: "No one is saying that the decision is wrong [for Onana's handball] but we are saying that by the way the law is written, it is wrong and therefore that is something that needs changing.

So if it's not wrong why all the debate and crying?? Everyone knew the rules before the season started.

Dyche:
"We can debate the penalty all day. It has been by managers on Zoom calls to say it's a farce but that's the way it goes.

"That's completely natural. He's not putting his arm up to save it, he's literally jumping in to try to block the ball. How that is given as a penalty is bizarre in my world but I must be from a different planet. Tonight the linesman gives that and he's 18 yards away so I don't know who is giving what any more.

"Who knows? All the managers are debating it. Someone needs to stand up at some point and realise that can't be a penalty because he's just throwing himself in front of it to try to block the ball, that's it."

A crying mardarse as always.

As good a win as any other this season….showed some real character.

Rodri worries me at the moment….he has been at fault for a number of goals recently with sloppy careless passing and is in badly need of a quality stand in.

Akanji had a poor first half but seemed to go back to the basics in the 2nd half with a much improved performance along with the rest of the team.

Great player though he is…Stones is made of glass.

Foden was different class.

We have some big guns ready to return and let’s hope we start to put a run together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.