Match Thread | Newcastle vs Man City (13/01/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we want to play a super-high line and leave our centre halves one on one then we’re going to need a new centre half I’m afraid. Dias ain’t that player.

Walker was a shambles for the goals.

We need to reset at half time and I’d be bring De Bruyne on for Kovacic, maybe Grealish for Doku as well because he’s giving the ball away far too often and that goal doesn’t happen if he hadn’t jumped out of the challenge.

Praying that Eddie is okay as well because we can kiss the season goodbye if he isn’t.

Think we can still nick this.

I'd be tempted to swap Doku for Grealish. Jack would help retain possession which we've sorely needed, although if they're going to just park the bus Doku can create more magic.

Defense is still a shambles but I don't know what can be done there other than chewing out Walker on his positioning.

Hate to say it but Phil has been pretty anonymous today.

Phil has been decent in spells. It’s a bit harsh to judge him when no one else is playing well. What did you expect?

And yet every time he plays we go back to having no control. As others have said, Grealish is an extra defender and not having him out there constantly leaves us open.

You are mistaking correlation for causation.

I would look at a game where Pep has Walker playing as our furthest forward player and realise he isn’t interested in control, he wants us as high as possible.

So he’s picked Doku over Grealish because his game plan isn’t about control, he sets the entire team up up for that game plan, and then you blame Doku.

Youre putting the cart before the horse.

We have had plenty of very easy controlled games with Doku playing this season, they’re just ignored to force a stupid narrative.

Just thought I’d pop on here to cheer me up. Fuck me. What a load of bollox being talked!!!!! Again! Newcastle will tire, and have fuck all on the bench. We’ve got Kev to come on. We’re not playing bad. We’re just crap against pace. And Walker obviously has his head elsewhere. We’ll still win 4-2
Both of them

Rodri needs to find his top form again, been playing very ordinary for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.