One away win in 105 games when losing at half time

Moronic thread to start with given that it averaged out to around just 4 games per season, including periods in the 2nd and the 3rd tier plus being managed by Pierce for part of it. I've always blamed it on social media myself as people just listen to sound bites nowadays and are totally ignorant of context and never bother actually researching these "facts".

Edit: did anyone post stats per season by any chance? (and yes, I'm aware of the irony of the question ;) )

It’s like we play with more purpose after going a goal down at times. Good thing to have in the locker if needed. Would rather we didn’t, but makes the win sweeter when it happens.

It’s like we play with more purpose after going a goal down at times. Good thing to have in the locker if needed. Would rather we didn’t, but makes the win sweeter when it happens.
It makes the match threads, er, interesting. If Ric ever decides to start selling BM merchandise, he should consider fanny wipes. He'd make a fortune.

It is 4/5 this season and a double edged sword, we haven't been losing at half time so much in recent seasons, with Wham being the first. Wolves was the odd one.

The other 3 we needed controversial penalties CC, BR and HT in 92, 95 and 17. The fact we rarely won away at all in the top flight for several seasons also doesn't help. There was a 6 year gap with the current manager, and largely due to not being behind that often.

Moronic thread to start with given that it averaged out to around just 4 games per season, including periods in the 2nd and the 3rd tier plus being managed by Pierce for part of it. I've always blamed it on social media myself as people just listen to sound bites nowadays and are totally ignorant of context and never bother actually researching these "facts".

Edit: did anyone post stats per season by any chance? (and yes, I'm aware of the irony of the question ;) )

Year​
Behind at half time (away)​
Succeeded​
Teams (Success)​
Teams (Failure)​
2023/24​
5​
4​
West Ham, Luton, Everton, Newcastle​
Wolves​
2022/23​
2​
0​
Newcastle, Spurs​
2021/22​
3​
1​
Arsenal​
Southampton, West Ham​
2020/21​
2​
0​
West Ham, Spurs​
2019/20​
5​
0​
Norwich, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Southampton​
2018/19​
1​
0​
Chelsea​
2017/18​
1​
1​
Huddersfield​
2016/17​
6​
0​
Spurs, Leicester, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Middlesbrough​
2015/16​
4​
0​
Stoke, Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton​
2014/15​
3​
0​
West Ham, Crystal Palace, Man Utd​
2013/14​
3​
0​
Chelsea, Sunderland, Liverpool​
2012/13​
3​
0​
Liverpool, Southampton, Everton​
2011/12​
0​
0​
2010/11​
3​
0​
Aston Villa, Man Utd, Liverpool​
2009/10​
6​
0​
Aston Villa, Wigan, Spurs, Everton, Hull, Sunderland​
2008/09​
7​
0​
Wigan, Blackburn, Stoke, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs​
2007/08​
6​
0​
Blackburn, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, Birmingham, Middlesbrough​
2006/07​
8​
0​
Chelsea, Reading, Everton, Wigan, Charlton, Man Utd, Portsmouth, Spurs​
2005/06​
13​
0​
Man Utd, Newcastle, Fulham, West Brom, Wigan, Bolton, Everton, Liverpool, Portsmouth, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Blackburn​
2004/05​
2​
0​
Birmingham, West Brom​
2003/04​
6​
0​
Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough​
2002/03​
8​
0​
Leeds, Arsenal, Southampton, Newcastle, Man Utd, Blackburn, Chelsea, Bolton,​
2001/02​
5​
0​
West Brom, Coventry, Crystal Palace, Wimbledon, Rotherham​
2000/01​
6​
0​
Charlton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Sunderland, Everton​

Stopped there as the older stuff required more effort. Basically the only 2 seasons under Pep it happened this often, we didn't win the league. However, in those 2 seasons we weren't able to come back in any of the games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.