City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Not sure mate and have never looked into that. I’ve only recently started getting the train (I live a 5 minute walk from Crewe station) after years of driving but parking and getting off has become a pain so decided give the train a go. So with being new to that sort of travel I either walk to the ground or use uber. Would be really handy if there was a bus that went Piccadilly Station way, I don’t know if the metro link passes that way either and haven’t done any research into it or buses for that matter. It just seemed easy to walk or get an uber.
I don’t think there’s a direct bus from the train station to the stadium along Ashton New Road, you’d have to go to Piccadilly Gardens to pick one up. There’s a free bus shuttle from Piccadilly Approach to there but not sure how reliable, regular or busy they get. It’s probably quicker to walk to the Gardens or get the bus that goes down Ashton Old Road and walk up. Those buses are from the taxi rank outside the station.

I don’t think there’s a direct bus from the train station to the stadium along Ashton New Road, you’d have to go to Piccadilly Gardens to pick one up. There’s a free bus shuttle from Piccadilly Approach to there but not sure how reliable, regular or busy they get. It’s probably quicker to walk to the Gardens or get the bus that goes down Ashton Old Road and walk up. Those buses are from the taxi rank outside the station.
Brilliant and thank you for that.

Did anyone get the Macclesfield bus today?
I got it yesterday
Only 3 of us on first mini bus from macc. Picked a couple more up in Cheadle
Very speedy, took a hour both ways with 5 min stops to pick up.
The drop off and pick up inside training ground is very good.
Very good service from end of my street

One bus all the way through Disley to the Etihad, no chance of there being any space by the time it hits great moor.

I got it yesterday
Only 3 of us on first mini bus from macc. Picked a couple more up in Cheadle
Very speedy, took a hour both ways with 5 min stops to pick up.
The drop off and pick up inside training ground is very good.
Very good service from end of my street
was this the one organised by Swanns? It's not the new scheme because that doesn't start till 17 Feb???

Yep does seem very strange if they're willing to come all the way from Macclesfield you think they'd want to service areas like Bolton, Westhoughton, Wigan, Leigh, Atherton etc...also odd not seeing Warrington on there.
Possibly no Warrington on there because it’s not part of Gtr Mcr conurbation???
I live in Warrington and the OSC no longer has a minibus option, so there would be demand if the bus took in stops on the way to Mcr.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.