Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

There's no way a young player like Doku who has done extremely well for us should feel the need to respond to blue moaners about his performance. These blue moaners are anonymous characters. Are they genuine City fans? Do they know anything about football? Are they sat in mummy's front room in keyboard warrior mode? Whoever they are, Doku doesn't owe these goons anything by way of explanation.

Just yet another expected anti football away performance, sit ten men on the edge of the 18 yard box and every ten minutes toe poke it for the fast guy to chase as it’s pretty much a given one of our back four will fluff up this season, case in point Walker yesterday.

One of those days I’m not gonna cry about it or call in the crisis brigade just yet, but I do think yesterday highlights the need for both new/proper full backs as well as a ‘plan b’ striker. Nothing directly against Haaland again just one of those days I hope, but he needed pulling after 70 mins or so and if we had somebody else I suspect he would have been.

Onwards and upwards, I’m more baffled by the fact we win Tuesday and we’re a point off top after being dreadful at the back and by no means sharp up top either.

The biggest problem in our team right now is the entire right flank. Our right wingers all want to play inside, which in itself is not an issue as the simple fix is to have our right back provide the width to allow those right wingers that love to play inside to actually roam centrally. But our right back is Kyle Walker. So we’re fucked. This is the main problem right now. How we ended the summer with the squad so imbalanced is beyond me. We move Mahrez and Palmer on, don’t sign a right winger, then a solution presents itself in that Walker decides he’s going to Bayern, meaning we can part ways and bring in a full back that is adept at being the main source of width, solving the issue. But instead, we move heaven and earth to get him to stay, extend his deal until he’s 90, vote him club fucking captain and seemingly an auto starter every game. Despite him not being able to offer what our current shape needs from its right back. It’s all our own doing really. The summer was a shambles as we pretty much self-sabotaged our squad.
We had an Orchestra that played beautiful music .Recently it sounds disjointed and off tune.

Last edited:
Just yet another expected anti football away performance, sit ten men on the edge of the 18 yard box and every ten minutes toe poke it for the fast guy to chase as it’s pretty much a given one of our back four will fluff up this season, case in point Walker yesterday.

One of those days I’m not gonna cry about it or call in the crisis brigade just yet, but I do think yesterday highlights the need for both new/proper full backs as well as a ‘plan b’ striker. Nothing directly against Haaland again just one of those days I hope, but he needed pulling after 70 mins or so and if we had somebody else I suspect he would have been.

Onwards and upwards, I’m more baffled by the fact we win Tuesday and we’re a point off top after being dreadful at the back and by no means sharp up top either.
Don't be baffled - our rivals have played mostly at full tilt. We haven't been at full tilt and we're breathing down their necks.

I wish some of these critics had been around 25 years ago, I despair how much grief a draw brings to some of our fans, it is frankly embarrassing.

Trust me there was as much moaning years ago too. I remember quite a few waiting outside Maine Road for the players when we blew a 3-0 half time lead and promotion against Bournemouth. Then there was the chants of you're not fit to wear the shirt and what the fuck is going on that rang out regularly in the bad old days. Also we're shit and we're sick of it.

The difference now is social media. Before it was blokes moaning in a pub and only those in the pub heard it. Now John will n the other side of the world can have a rant and millions can read it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.