Is social media ruining football ?

In a word yes.....I used to love watching all matches but now I avoid anything to do with red top games purely and simply because of the media (social media driven) narrative so overwhelmingly in their favour

Why are you yawning? There can be no doubt that Musk has made what was already a platform for the worst cunts in society even more of a shitshow.
To answer the OP though, SM has helped dumb down the game and now it’s more of a pantomime on and off the pitch than it’s ever been.

Could you be a bit more specific? I believe you (obviously), but I'd be genuinely curious.

anecdotally, My Dad fell down the right wing rabbit hole when he joined Facebook, fell out with a few family members over Brexit - made him more tense and angrier as a person and he stopped organising family gatherings etc, I do think he become addicted to Facebook.

Bigger picture in society - the rise of people like Joey Barton jumping on the hate bandwagon and pushing extremes, the amount of misinformation and lies being spread politically, would guess younger generation struggle more with self esteem issues, people becoming addicted to their screens. It's not all negative and has its uses but on the main i find it detrimental.

I don’t use it (much) so no, not for me. People get addicted to stuff too easily and get dragged into watching nonsense and talking shite.

I still love the match as much as I ever did, probably more. But I give no shit about what the players do in their spare time or what some fan of another team thinks.

Why are you yawning? There can be no doubt that Musk has made what was already a platform for the worst cunts in society even more of a shitshow.
To answer the OP though, SM has helped dumb down the game and now it’s more of a pantomime on and off the pitch than it’s ever been.

In what way?

Social media isn't worth taking that seriously, just great fun to drop a post on one of their topics mentioning either glazers, scruffy tax dodger, $1 billion debt or numerous ones at the Scouse moonies then walk away dont respond and watch the meltdown.

Its certainly not helping it.

I saw a tweet from Paddy Power at the weekend, the usual joke about us playing away at Bournemouth and we'd feel at home as the stadium holds 11 thousand so it'll feel like a home game.
I clicked on the replies and there are actually people who think our home crowds are around this number.
There are actually young football fans who'd think this. Amazing.

Then you have the likes of Joe.ie or SportSbible making "stories" out of everytime Klopp, Neville, Carragher or Keane so much as fart.

Its pathetic.

Funny you should mention this . I’ve recently deleted Twitter off my phone and feel better for it.
I’ve realised it is so toxic , no matter how hard I try I’ll end up going down a rabbit hole defending City . Nothing ever ends up good and other fans will never admit they’re wrong.
It was a habit just to scroll through when bored or having a dump and next minute I’ve wasted an hour responding to tweets.
It’s so negative it’s had to be stripped from my life .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.