Delete One Goal In The History Of Football

Not the one I'd most wish to delete but can we delete that Giggs goal vs Arsenal in the FA cup.

Simply because its the most overrated goal in history, yet we have to hear about it like its one of the best of all time. Absolutely shocking defending and they just let him run past. Anything else other than pathetic defending and that goal never happens. Great goals don't need to be facilitated like that.

You see similar goals scored all the time but because its not them, the focus is more on the shocking defending rather than the scorer and its old news within two days.

It's a toss up between them and Ricky Villa. That tw@ broke an 18 year old's heart back in 1981. Never dreamt it'd be 30 years before we got back there in a proper final (I don't count the play off as we should never have sunk that low in the first place).

I think the answer to the question depends on age and for those of us of a certain age those two are up there.

Whereas something like Rooney's shinner, sure it's a annoying to see it on Sky all the time but when they show it I just think about the fact that later that season we did them at Wembley and went on to win a 'proper' trophy, something not too long before I'd given up hope of seeing again. So they can show it all they like it just reminds me of the early days of our glorious ascent.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.