Protest?

I’m well aware that some Liverpool fans are twats but fancy tarring a whole fanbase with the same brush. Proper ****’s trick that
Well you’re pretty good at “tarring” folk. Pity it’s a fellow blue - & in an unnecessary vile way. It must be catching from your red pals.
As I say - Enjoy your protesting but I’m within my rights to disagree with the actions without being spoken to in this way.

Let me give you one example.

A friend of mine and his father, long term season ticket holders, sat on the front row of ESL1 for many years. When the club brought in the bigger advertising boards and took the first 3 rows of seating out they had to move further up ESL1 and were given 2 seats next to each other that were available. They didn’t asked to be moved. They were forced to move. As a good will gesture the club kept their season ticket prices at the same price for 1 season. The following season the club increased their season ticket prices because the seats were further up ESL1. My friend and his dad weren’t prepared to pay that price. And they felt they had been messed about by the club. They haven’t been back to the Etihad since. I asked my friend if he misses going to City. He said he doesn’t anymore. Yet he supports City as passionately as he’s ever done. No matter if you go to the match or not you don’t ever lose the passion for City. I know other people who don’t go to the matches anymore. If I gave up my season ticket and stopped going to the matches I would still support City as passionately as I do now as a season ticket holder. And no, I wouldn’t go watching FUCKem at Pallet Park instead. :-)
I think you are agreeing with my point which is even if you stop going you are still a blue at heart rather than becoming a "fan" of another team

Well you’re pretty good at “tarring” folk. Pity it’s a fellow blue - & in an unnecessary vile way. It must be catching from your red pals.
As I say - Enjoy your protesting but I’m within my rights to disagree with the actions without being spoken to in this way.
Fact is that you have a pop at anyone who ever dares criticise the club in any way whatsoever. If you’re happy to forever take it up the arse on ticket prices and giving new members who have never attended a single match as much right to buy a Real Madrid home ticket as long-standing members who have attended shit loads of games down the years then that’s your prerogative.

I think what we need here is some sense of perspective. We are, without a doubt, one of the best run clubs - if not THE best - in world football. We have owners who have brought us a level of success, over the past 15 years, that even the most optimistic of supporters could not have dreamed of. We have a superb manager and a team which plays the sort of football, which is an absolute joy to watch.

So for City fans to launch a general protest against the club, and the way in which it is run, seems to me to be the epitome of the words "spoiled" and "entitled". Isn't this exactly the reason why us City fans have derided fans of other big clubs - especially Liverpool - for so long; because their fans believe they deserve success, more than any other club? Have a thought for the likes of Reading fans, whose club has been decimated by an unscrupulous overseas owner, who is out to bleed as much cash from their club as he can. They are the sort of fans who have every right to throw tennis balls on the pitch or launch a pitch invasion in protest against their owner.

If City fans were to launch a protest against our owners it would, in my opinion, lead to nothing more than loud guffaws from the rest of the football world and accusations over "entitlement". I think we have enough undeserved negative media coverage to contend with, without providing another one ourselves.

Of course, the club is not perfect - far from it in many regards - and I wouldn't seek to deny anyone with a genuine grievance against the club to seek redress. But a general protest? Absolutely not, in my view.

Let's consider the wider picture and have a thought for the supporters of Reading, Bury and countless other clubs which have been pillaged by rapacious owners. Surely, our grievances are nowhere near as serious as theirs.
Protesting about price increases has fuck all to do with being spoiled and entitled, it's about cash strapped supporters letting the club know that annual price hikes cannot continue. The club are hemorrhaging hundreds of SC holders each season who can no longer afford to go to games.

Accepting these annual price increases is an indication to the club that supporters are happy but in order to make them take notice it's time to tell them enough is enough. Khaldoon has said several times in his end of season speech that local core fans are important to the club, well we are if we're able to afford it, those that no longer can don't seem to be.

Fact is that you have a pop at anyone who ever dares criticise the club in any way whatsoever. If you’re happy to forever take it up the arse on ticket prices and giving new members who have never attended a single match as much right to buy a Real Madrid home ticket as long-standing members who have attended shit loads of games down the years then that’s your prerogative.
Absolute bollocks. I don’t have time to “have a pop at anyone who ever dares criticise the club in any way whatsoever “

You really are scraping the barrel & obviously enjoy having a “pop” at me & other blues
You are also extending your argument to malign me about issues on which I have not commented.
My only comment was that under NO circumstances would I want to join forces with the dippers - but you fill your boots.

My only comment was that under NO circumstances would I want to join forces with the dippers - but you fill your boots.

The dippers are cunts, and yes even the quiet ones who wont tell the authorities the villains names that hurt and maim children and cry victim over anything that affects them in any small way.

I think what we need here is some sense of perspective. We are, without a doubt, one of the best run clubs - if not THE best - in world football. We have owners who have brought us a level of success, over the past 15 years, that even the most optimistic of supporters could not have dreamed of. We have a superb manager and a team which plays the sort of football, which is an absolute joy to watch.

So for City fans to launch a general protest against the club, and the way in which it is run, seems to me to be the epitome of the words "spoiled" and "entitled". Isn't this exactly the reason why us City fans have derided fans of other big clubs - especially Liverpool - for so long; because their fans believe they deserve success, more than any other club? Have a thought for the likes of Reading fans, whose club has been decimated by an unscrupulous overseas owner, who is out to bleed as much cash from their club as he can. They are the sort of fans who have every right to throw tennis balls on the pitch or launch a pitch invasion in protest against their owner.

If City fans were to launch a protest against our owners it would, in my opinion, lead to nothing more than loud guffaws from the rest of the football world and accusations over "entitlement". I think we have enough undeserved negative media coverage to contend with, without providing another one ourselves.

Of course, the club is not perfect - far from it in many regards - and I wouldn't seek to deny anyone with a genuine grievance against the club to seek redress. But a general protest? Absolutely not, in my view.

Let's consider the wider picture and have a thought for the supporters of Reading, Bury and countless other clubs which have been pillaged by rapacious owners. Surely, our grievances are nowhere near as serious as theirs.
Stunned with comments like this . Yes we all know how well we have achieved on and off the pitch since Sheikh Mansour came in, we have been so lucky and privileged BUT that doesn’t mean they can rip the heart out of our working class fan base who have done the yardage for decades when we was in the doldrums . Us as fans have taken it on the chin regarding price rises etc…for a few years now but we have reached a point imo to make a stand . It has really p**sed me off the way they have increased Season Tickets prices again and again and the price of individual tickets sometimes being £70. The inflation excuse comes in again but most people’s wages don’t fall in line with inflation . On top of all this is the syphoning of tickets to 3rd parties especially for away games with most of these fans having no vested interest in the club yet our loyal supporters miss out more and more.

It’s already started but if we’re not careful thousands of blues are going to stop going despite the success of the club it’s a dangerous path we’re going down and the most important aspect of the club is the heart and soul of the real supporters who are part of generations and generations of proper blues . German clubs and other clubs throughout Europe stand up for what’s right why can’t we? I’m sure we can try and get the message across in some manner .

Absolute bollocks. I don’t have time to “have a pop at anyone who ever dares criticise the club in any way whatsoever “

You really are scraping the barrel & obviously enjoy having a “pop” at me & other blues
You are also extending your argument to malign me about issues on which I have not commented.
Nope, not bollocks at all. You’ve got a history on this forum of having a pop at any fans who dare criticise the club. That’s a fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.