The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So thats the top 3 mini league done.
If you told me at the start of the season that we would only concede two goals from open play from our four matches I would have been delited, so to not win any of those matches is hugely dissapointing. Sound defence, but our attack just didnt turn up for any match.
Having said that, Liverpool's attack was just as poor and didnt win any games either, and Arsenal's not much better other than the Liverpool match.
Im sure this wont be lost on our hierarchy this summer, so lets hope for a couple of great signings.

I've never at any point this season fancied us to win the league. That's not because of how we've been playing but the laws of average. The chances of us winning 4 on the trot are remote. You then add in the fact we lost big players like Gundo and Marhez, plus laporte. I think to be 3 points behind with 9 games left is an amazing achievement. If we go on and win it, it will be unbelievable! If not hopefully we win champions league and fa cup and go again next season.

Personally I shall be in the stadium for the final game to thank the lads for an amazing season. Because by our own ridiculous standards, it’s not been vintage, no denying it, but by anyone else’s, it’s been extraordinary. And it’s not over yet, in any of the three competions. Arsenal are not in those three. Neither are Liverpool. United are not even worth mentioning. Tottenham are in none of them. Without playing to our standard at any point in the season, we are there or thereabouts. Because it’s expected. That’s a team with balls. I thank them.

Since Pep arrived i have been confident of winning the league every season , only exception being the Dippers Covid title year , we have always had the best goal difference and put teams to the sword but this year i dont have the same confidence. We have plenty of possession but are doing little with it unlike previous years , not blaming Pep or individual players it just appears last seasons exertions are now catching up with us which really was an exceptional achievement
We can still put big game performances together as Real and Chelsea will find out in the next few weeks and i think the cups are our best chance of trophies this season , hope Pep and the players prove me wrong but four on the bounce is looking difficult in our current form , we probably have a nucleus of 17 players and it appears three or four are always injured , maybe a step too far this season.
Retaining the Champs league & FA Cup is not the end of the world , and the cherry on the cake would be Klippetty pissing off back to Germany with just a League Cup medal , lovely.

I will be livid if scousers win it.
they finished 5th last season and they had a horrible season generally.
then they lose some over the hill but experienced players like Henderson, Fabinho, Firminho, and some squad players like Milner, Keita.
they bring in physically top players with lot of energy like Endo, McAllister, Szoboszlai, Gravenbech almost a complete new midfield bringing average age down of squad also becoming bit less experienced with missing out on their big money main target Caicedo.

and this is enough to go and turn 5th place into a title? I have to puke if it is.

problem is even they strengthened and improved their first eleven in with two players (Szoboszlai, Mcallister), Arsenal did it on 3 positions (Havertz, Raya, Rice) while I cannot say any of our new signings is an improvement on the first 11.
Kovacic aint better than Gundo for sure, Nunes no comment, Doku aint better than Mahrez or Palmer, and Gvardiol used as a pushed up LB aint better than Ake was last season who had individually his best season last season since he is here albeit he was not pushed up that much as Grealish was dealing with the sideline upfront mostly.

will hate if we assist to these farewell seasons again after Ferguson 12/13 season an now for Klopp's.

To be in with a shout of winning a 4th consecutive premier league title is a achievement which may never be matched in our lifetimes. Perhaps I am easily pleased but I am happy enough with that.

We look jaded, key players have been injured and the other 2 teams may be hungrier (though Arsenal cowardice yesterday did them no favours). I don’t think we will win the league but could well be wrong

Since Pep arrived i have been confident of winning the league every season , only exception being the Dippers Covid title year , we have always had the best goal difference and put teams to the sword but this year i dont have the same confidence. We have plenty of possession but are doing little with it unlike previous years , not blaming Pep or individual players it just appears last seasons exertions are now catching up with us which really was an exceptional achievement
We can still put big game performances together as Real and Chelsea will find out in the next few weeks and i think the cups are our best chance of trophies this season , hope Pep and the players prove me wrong but four on the bounce is looking difficult in our current form , we probably have a nucleus of 17 players and it appears three or four are always injured , maybe a step too far this season.
Retaining the Champs league & FA Cup is not the end of the world , and the cherry on the cake would be Klippetty pissing off back to Germany with just a League Cup medal , lovely.
Would be a great season if we won the CL and FA Cup.

Anyone else relatively calm about things?

I'm actually not overly stressed about what happens in the league this season (saying that, if not us then defo not the scousers). I don't feel we're up to it, we're a shadow of the side last season, and the fact we're still hanging in there with a shout is seriously impressive.
Last season fulfilled every city fans wildest dreams, and clearly the exploits have taken a toll on the players. Combine that with a poor transfer window and a whole host of injuries, we've toiled this season and struggled with consistency.
After all the wonderful experiences we've had the past few seasons i think i can forgive pep and the lads a season below our usual high standards.

We're not gonna win the treble or the even the league every single season, however its April and we're still in with a shout of 3 trophies. Just enjoy the ride lads and lasses!

I'm actually not overly stressed about what happens in the league this season (saying that, if not us then defo not the scousers). I don't feel we're up to it, we're a shadow of the side last season, and the fact we're still hanging in there with a shout is seriously impressive.
Last season fulfilled every city fans wildest dreams, and clearly the exploits have taken a toll on the players. Combine that with a poor transfer window and a whole host of injuries, we've toiled this season and struggled with consistency.
After all the wonderful experiences we've had the past few seasons i think i can forgive pep and the lads a season below our usual high standards.

We're not gonna win the treble or the even the league every single season, however its April and we're still in with a shout of 3 trophies. Just enjoy the ride lads and lasses!

Yep if start of last season you asked any city fan that this season you going to win the real treble but year after you will finish 4th and no trophies would you take it?!

Reckon 100% would say yes!

So for me win nought finish 4th this season am cool

I'd still have us as favourites for the cup competitions - the only defeat we've had in 33 games was the Villa match, where we had the mad lineup with 6 defenders. We've not really looked close to losing a game since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.