Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 17 - Alcohol - Mancitydoogle (pg 344)

Lol, 5-Star :-) weren't they all siblings whose names began with D ? I seem to remember one of them was a looker, Debbie, Daphne or Delilah or something?

I've just had a look at the top 100 from 1985 in the UK and the US and tbf they're pretty much as dodgy as each other! I had failed to realise how big Wham were in the US.
I didn't take an interest until 1986, but yes, there was some cross over.

It's just that the US top 40 was far more interesting - a good mix of pop, rock & soul.

Too many of our murican cousins so far, need a bit of transatlantic balance...

Rory Gallagher - Souped-Up Ford

The eclipse weather is starting to come into focus, and the forecast isn't looking so good for Texas with severe weather and heavy rain currently forecasted, so we'll pay homage to the late great king of the mid-80's blues guitarists:

Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan

'was going to go with Slide Thing for my final pick on the basis it does what it says on the tin! There's a track called I Wonder Why which I think is only on unofficial live recordings which has just insane use of a slide.

With the reduced number of picks there's more incentive to coordinate with others, on which basis @RobMCFC are you thinking of busting out a slide on a resonator for your last one ? If not I probably will.

Surprised that nobody has selected one the best slide guitarist's in terms of intonation to grace the earth and IMO Elmore James aside is second to no one in terms of crispness and richness of pitch who along with Richard didn't require a middle name.

So I will start with Day after Day - Badfinger.

For those who still cannot guess his name without a google he almost made on his own Belinda Carlisle's Leave a Light On one of those songs I am sure the likes of Rob would prefer to listen to than Night Boat to Cairo worth listening to.

Surprised that nobody has selected one the best slide guitarist's in terms of intonation to grace the earth and IMO Elmore James aside is second to no one in terms of crispness and richness of pitch who along with Richard didn't require a middle name.

So I will start with Day after Day - Badfinger.

For those who still cannot guess his name without a google he almost made on his own Belinda Carlisle's Leave a Light On one of those songs I am sure the likes of Rob would prefer to listen to than Night Boat to Cairo worth listening to.

Double slide! He was already one of the most famous musicians ever and then turning out to be brilliant at slide too just seems greedy, but you are right it would have been an odd playlist without him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.