Guinness Nitrosurge

Got bought the gizmo for xmas but I'm still reluctant to pay £2+ for a can. Don't really drink much anyway- especially at home. Grandfather bought it me alongside a few of the incorrect surger cans so I still haven't even used it.

You can use the regular cans with it, just need to pierce the top with a pin carefully and slowly let the air out so you don't set off the widget inside the can. Once the air is gone just use like the nitro surge ones.
I just buy the regular Guinness pint cans now and use them, saves a fortune in the long run

This guy explains it well as it does have a nack to it. Takes him a while though for some reason, I can get the air out in about 10 seconds

You can use the regular cans with it, just need to pierce the top with a pin carefully and slowly let the air out so you don't set off the widget inside the can. Once the air is gone just use like the nitro surge ones.
I just buy the regular Guinness pint cans now and use them, saves a fortune in the long run

This guy explains it well as it does have a nack to it. Takes him a while though for some reason, I can get the air out in about 10 seconds

Cheers pal, appreciate this. Just opened a can of Brewdog for the game but may try this. Nothing to lose.

Time to get the combi drill out. Haha.

Cheers pal, appreciate this. Just opened a can of Brewdog for the game but may try this. Nothing to lose.
How is that Brewdog canned stuff compared to Guinness, taste and head wise?
I assume it pours v similar to Guinness, is it same strength?

Personally, I do also miss the Murphy’s, which has virtually vanished now it seems.

Personally, I do also miss the Murphy’s, which has virtually vanished now it seems.

Funnily enough I was just talking about Murphy's the other day to somebody and was saying how scarce it is. Grandfather used to often have that in instead of Guinness. Uncle who isn't much of a drinker used to have the occasional Mackesons.

As I say I don't drink too much these days but do quite like the odd one. Out of the Brewdog line I'd recommend the Elvis in the red can. Think it's got grapefruit in it and I hate grapefruit, but love the taste of the beer. 6.5% mind..... so know you've had a couple. Just trying a 'Lost Lager' from Brewdog as they didn't have any Elvis in the Tesco Express. Not anywhere near as nice as Elvis, but 10 x 440mm cans for £9 with a clubcard it beats anything else in that price range by a margin in my opinion.

The Brewdog stout does remind me of Murphys actually, got more of that chocolatey/coffee flavour. I find it a lot creamier

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.