FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He started Nunes last week. Mate, I simply don't get your point. Pep makes mistakes, they all do. Signing Nunes is among his biggest, and by far the worst player he's bought for City. 50m. FIFTY FUCKING MILLION. I watched the shite that was Graham Baker, and this fella is literally the walking reincarnation of him. If I'm wrong, great. I spent most of last week wanting to on the pitch to boot the lazty sod up his arse, then he shit the bed for their goal. Bloke is a shocker. A whopper. Best example of his character? His folding like a house of cards when he hot the bird at Wolves, the ickle sausage. Pathetic. Good players rise up to that. He's got Cancelo's depth of character; about 3 inches. I'd sooner play Gomez, and that speaks volumes.
Not kean then eh.

We all thought Rodri were shit when he first joined turning like a tanker in the suez canal as Fernandinhos replacement in midfield.
Give the lad a fucking break.
No we didn't all think Rodri was shit and some saw quality from the outset. Now of course he has exceeded expectations and obviously got better as he grew into his role but he always showed promise and one could clearly see a defined role evolving.
With Nunes it remains a puzzle as to what he has been brought here to do. Perhaps all will be revealed but currently its hard to see what he's meant to achieve other than fill a shirt when others are tired or injured. This if course is not necessarily an assessment of his abilities and obviously some of the abuse he receives for his cameos is unacceptable.

Well not "everyone knew" cos I didn't. Why would anyone not be 100% honest with Pep.

Why? Because players want to play in the big games and will sometimes think they can do the business even though they're not feeling 100%.

I thought it was a bit harsh on Graham Baker too...
Nah, I can only remember him playing really well once, at Blackburn when we had a 1-0 win.

Nunes looks like he's won the proverbial competition to wearing a City shirt on the pitch during a game at the moment... really hope he can get his shit together soon.

Can’t see many, if any, of the 120 minuters starting today.

Ortega, Ake, Stones, Akanji, Gomez, Kovacic, Nunes, Lewis, Grealish, Alvarez, Doku.

Nah, I can only remember him playing really well once, at Blackburn when we had a 1-0 win.

Nunes looks like he's won the proverbial competition to wearing a City shirt on the pitch during a game at the moment... really hope he can get his shit together soon.
Nunes looks too timid on the pitch. He has to have belief in his abilities and stamp authority on the game.
So far, he looks like a bloke suffering with Imposter Syndrome.
Although, we have seen in the past players taking a year to assimilate into the team.
So far I'm getting Philips vibes for his future.
He needs a big bounce next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.