Is the FA Cup becoming boring

As long as we're winning then the answer is no. Don't care about anyone else TBF.

Maybe the club world cup will fix the European super league hole in everyone's life...for now.

I know Senor Perez's club won't be able to survive without the super league. It must be boring for him to win all those champions league trophies while being skint. Feel for them. Maybe the club world cup will help them face their boring reality once every 4 years. I really hope he is able to save football.

Or maybe I'm just still a bit bitter from this week

Boring In the sense that the FA are taking the romance out of the cup by introducing no replays, and seemingly happy to go along with corrupt game management that is is also killing the love for the cup games . The FA cup always had a sense of hope , wonder, overachieving, scrappy last minute goals that could change the destiny of an underdogs season, the ability to embarrass the top teams on a small tight pitch, but now everything is stage managed to make money for the elite clubs and to take any chance out of being knocked out by a lower league team . Before VAR Coventry would have been in this year's cup final that goal would have stood yesterday, it would have been the stuff that Coventry fans would be talking about for years to come and rightly so. But the scum needed to save their season so politics and money grabbing happened instead and that's why the cup is losing its gloss .

It’s not what it was. Just above the league cup for me but when lower league clubs are making 8 changes for Fa cup games, you know it’s not everyone’s priority.

Only been won by three sides outside of us, Arsenal, Chelsea, dippers and United in the last 28 years.

Football in general is becoming boring.

VAR, additional games, overinflated seasons, pointless international friendlies, social media oversaturation of opinions from nobodies carrying on like their opinion holds merit, supporters treated like customers, the chat, the endless chat and 'punditry'. It doesn;t feel like a sport anymore, but like a poorly acted drama with influencers trying to achieve the outcome they want so they can get people hooked for the next season.

I do wish it would go back to being a sport, but hey ho. I guess I just lament the days when i'd be playing subbuteo whilst watching City on the Beeb. The FA Cup is sort of a throwback to those days, kinda.

Football in general is becoming boring.

VAR, additional games, overinflated seasons, pointless international friendlies, social media oversaturation of opinions from nobodies carrying on like their opinion holds merit, supporters treated like customers, the chat, the endless chat and 'punditry'. It doesn;t feel like a sport anymore, but like a poorly acted drama with influencers trying to achieve the outcome they want so they can get people hooked for the next season.

I do wish it would go back to being a sport, but hey ho. I guess I just lament the days when i'd be playing subbuteo whilst watching City on the Beeb. The FA Cup is sort of a throwback to those days, kinda.

Glued to the TV screen from 16:30 - 16:55 on a Saturday mesmerised by the teleprinter...!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.