Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Sun this morning he is only taking a sabbatical if a club 'of the stature of Liverpool or Barcelona' do not offer him the job. Just envisioning Liverpool playing Barcelona this season and trying to figure out how that one would work out.

Likely the case and I'd assume Bayern convinced him to wait for them.

I think so too. I suspect that in the same way we have an agreement with Pep, Bayern now have one with Klopp. I'd be shocked if they didn't employ him. There's also that small matter of the German national team job becoming available. Could be that Low goes to Bayern and Klopp to the NT.

I think so too. I suspect that in the same way we have an agreement with Pep, Bayern now have one with Klopp. I'd be shocked if they didn't employ him. There's also that small matter of the German national team job becoming available. Could be that Low goes to Bayern and Klopp to the NT.

Both are possibilities. If he does go to Bayern it does take away a bit of my respect for him. He's done a good job with Mainz and Dortmund but is a rarity in that he accepts when his time is up and walks away. He tried and failed to get Mainz promoted again and walked away, similarly he's accepted his time is up with Dortmund. To go to Bayern just makes him like all the others out there! I suppose it is every man for himself but I saw Klopp as being someone who would respect Dortmund and not go to Bayern, certainly not so quickly in any case. I guess I'm too much of a football romantic! I thought Real may have been interested but it seems they've always fancied getting Rafa back there.

Germany could be an option, though I would more expect to see Horst Hrubesch take over, as they seem to be fully committed to promoting both players and managers from within the system in a similar manner to how Barca have operated and as I fully expect we will look to over the coming years.

Re: Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

This is something that plays in the back of my mind, we are all guessing what is going on but we don't know. Pellegrini could be making the right calls re Nastatic for example. He is in full possession of the facts, we never will be. Rumour and half truths are starting to be stated as fact and let's be honest none of us on here knows what is going on behind the scenes. If you knew the reasons behind some of the decisions made by the club you may see them in a different light instead of seeing them as a reason to get people sacked.

Whilst fully appreciating the need to keep the lid on certain information it sometimes seems there is more coming out of North Korea than MCFC. It sums up how far the fans desire for information has slipped relevant to the willingness/ability to 'communicate' openly with the fans in any top football club...

Whilst fully appreciating the need to keep the lid on certain information it sometimes seems there is more coming out of North Korea than MCFC. It sums up how far the fans desire for information has slipped relevant to the willingness/ability to 'communicate' openly with the fans in any top football club...

I don't ever remember a time when football clubs were transparent in anything they did. The only difference in general now is that we're far more high profile than we were a decade ago. Beyond that I don't feel like we have any less of a handle on what goes on behind the scenes now than we did then. It's just that as the club has grown post the takeover the scale of things going on behind the scenes have gotten bigger and the interest in them has gone up.

Apparently, Klopp's taking a sabbatical. An additional option next year if Pep pussies out?

So Klopp and Carlo both taking a sabbatical? Along with Pep to make his decision as well.
It's like they all want the City job :)

According to the Sun this morning he is only taking a sabbatical if a club 'of the stature of Liverpool or Barcelona' do not offer him the job. Just envisioning Liverpool playing Barcelona this season and trying to figure out how that one would work out.

Bet they wouldn't play 4-4-2 against them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.