Why we haven't bought anyone yet

I cannot believe that Txixi goes on his hols without some agreement from the 3 main targets in place ie pre contracts. Bad planning and possibly a shit window again. Not flapping just waking up and being realistic

Well, he would have to be extremely incompetent at his job if he just takes a long holiday at the height of negotiating season without having something in place ... and I don't think he is.

There must be some general agreements already started and being resolved soon.

I cannot believe that Txixi goes on his hols without some agreement from the 3 main targets in place ie pre contracts. Bad planning and possibly a shit window again. Not flapping just waking up and being realistic
Do you honestly believe that Khaldoon/Sheikh Mansour/Ferran will allow that?
How do you know what has or hasn't been signed anyway?

Lots of posing going on right now by every club/agent/official. Let's see where everyone ends up before we start 'flapping' and blaming Txiki.

Txiki will be sacked if he doesn't deliver like any employee would at the club.

I'm sorry but all of the people saying "he's allowed a holiday" and "he can use a phone you know?" It's just nonsense.

Look at Barcelona today, two high profile executives met with the Juventus chief executive to try and thrash out a deal for Pogba. When we wanted Kaka we sent a delegation to Milan. If you really truly want to do a deal you do it face to face, you use your personal ties with other people to get a deal done. Face to face you have a chance to haggle, get an idea of what the other party wants etc. If we all think Txiki can just send Liverpool's John Henry a text message saying "£40m plus add ons 4 Raheem?" well then it's no wonder he hasn't made a significant signing since he arrived.

Also he can holiday whenever he wants but part of his role as Sporting Director (which he earns a ginormous salary for) you'd think he'd have the sensitivity to wait until he's actually done his job and signed and sealed all targets before fucking off. No wonder Mancini was always having a paddy at the club, we conduct transfer business at a snails pace.

I'm sorry but all of the people saying "he's allowed a holiday" and "he can use a phone you know?" It's just nonsense.

Look at Barcelona today, two high profile executives met with the Juventus chief executive to try and thrash out a deal for Pogba. When we wanted Kaka we sent a delegation to Milan. If you really truly want to do a deal you do it face to face, you use your personal ties with other people to get a deal done. Face to face you have a chance to haggle, get an idea of what the other party wants etc. If we all think Txiki can just send Liverpool's John Henry a text message saying "£40m plus add ons 4 Raheem?" well then it's no wonder he hasn't made a significant signing since he arrived.

Also he can holiday whenever he wants but part of his role as Sporting Director (which he earns a ginormous salary for) you'd think he'd have the sensitivity to wait until he's actually done his job and signed and sealed all targets before fucking off. No wonder Mancini was always having a paddy at the club, we conduct transfer business at a snails pace.

You seem to know that txiki hasn't met up with clubs already, talks could of taken place months ago. You know no more than any other person on here on how txiki deals with transfers. We've made two bids for sterling, for all we know, the third has gone in and been accepted. You know nothing, judge txiki after the summer.

for all we know, the third has gone in and been accepted.
So we're just keeping it quiet for a laugh? Oh great boys, bids been accepted, let's wait for 6 weeks to do the medical despite Khaldoon saying he wanted the new boys to have a full pre season. If he has held talks with Juve "months ago" they can't have gone too well or Juve wouldn't be meeting Barcelona today would they? I'm sure Txiki is in a position to act fast from his beach in the Bahamas or wherever he's gone too should Barca have agreed a fee today...

I get the feeling one or two deals have already been done. Don't think they're for any of the three main targets though.

I don't think any deals have been done yet. If they had we would know by now. People say City run a tight ship now and nothing gets leaked etc. (unless they want to) but there is absolutely NO reason, in my opinion, not to announce the "done" deals already.

Just cast your mind back to David Silva and Yaya Toure etc.

The reality I think is we haven't signed anyone yet. And people are right to say that you do deals face to face and not over the phone, so yea I am also wondering why Txiki is on hols now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.