Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where this thing has come from whereby anybody with a differing opinion automatically thinks they're above the person that doesn't agree with them. I didn't suggest that and i don't know why you'd assume that? I didn't call your opinion wrong, it's just different to mine, which is fine. Fair enough on the wording bit, i wasn't trying to put words into your mouth i just got it wrong, my mistake.

That Interview was over 2 years ago. He's changed his game since then, he gets far fewer yellow cards and has the discipline to not get himself sent off once he has a yellow. According to the premier league website he's received 22 yellows and 1 red in 112 games. That's an average of less than 1 booking every 5 games, for a midfielder of his type who's game is mainly about harassing the opponent and winning the ball back, that's pretty decent in my eyes.

I was replying to your quote and then spotted you had replied to somebody else with a relevant post, admittedly i should of edited my post instead of just sticking that on the end but i deemed it too much effort, it's warm and i'm hungover.

As for Schneiderlin, I didn't say he wasn't better than Delph, just that he wasn't significantly better. That's to say, i don't think Schneiderlin would make it into our best 11 assuming we get Pogba, and as i said, he's got the option to be a regular starter for the rags so i just don't see him as a viable option. I think Delph is the best we could get to fill the role he's being bought to fill.
Even then, I respectfully disagree.

People say we can't have 25 world class players and that's true, but then why can't someone like Fernando be that squad player that we need? Why do we need to get Delph to play a bit part role when we could just use Fernando and then seek to sign genuine improvement and quality.

Signing Delph would be compromising on quality for the sake of him being HG in my opinion, when we could tackle the quota issue in other more beneficial ways.

How the can there possibly be an argument about Delph getting cards being a problem, & then Schneiderlin, who got 5 yellows & 1 red compared to Delph's 1 yellow & 1 red, being chosen instead ? Surely it needs a better argument than this ?

And which one played for the better team, & would therefore be expected to pick up less cards than the one in a relegation battle ?

If anything, Delph's lack of cards would be a mark against him if anything surely, compared to Schneiderlin as in: why, isn't he getting stuck in during a relegation battle ?

And because Sinclair failed, then somebody else, of random choice, will also fail, although there is no reasonable similarity between the two.

There really should be a better football discussion, as in, what areas they differ, what ares Delph is lacking compred to the other players & who does whichever aspects better, & then decent argument to back up either case, than this, which is fucking tripe tbh.

If we was to get 4 new players 2 will be a success 1 do ok and 1 fail, that's they way it always tends to work out, all transfers are a gamble!!

If we was to get 4 new players 2 will be a success 1 do ok and 1 fail, that's they way it always tends to work out, all transfers are a gamble!!

You are absolutely spot on, & also, it's not always the seemingly obvious, more expensive ones who are the biggest success. Sometimes it's the bargains.

We have seen that with people like Zabaleta, but it's easier for people to to mention Sinclair.

How the can there possibly be an argument about Delph getting cards being a problem, & then Schneiderlin, who got 5 yellows & 1 red compared to Delph's 1 yellow & 1 red, being chosen instead ? Surely it needs a better argument than this ?

And which one played for the better team, & would therefore be expected to pick up less cards than the one in a relegation battle ?

If anything, Delph's lack of cards would be a mark against him if anything surely, compared to Schneiderlin as in: why, isn't he getting stuck in during a relegation battle ?

And because Sinclair failed, then somebody else, of random choice, will also fail, although there is no reasonable similarity between the two.

There really should be a better football discussion, as in, what areas they differ, what ares Delph is lacking compred to the other players & who does whichever aspects better, & then decent argument to back up either case, than this, which is fucking tripe tbh.

My biggest issue with Delph is I see a brainless footballer, who's best attribute is his stamina. I can't see how in any way he would improve us, as he's nowhere near as good as what we have now.

As I referred to him as a "walking yellow card" that does not simply translate to the number of bookings he's gotten but his style of play and tackling; which is all too often reckless and akin to a headless chicken.

I don't believe there can be any denial of that if someone has seen him play even just the once. I've seen "energetic" thrown around a lot, that's nothing more than a nice way to say he dives in a lot imo. For someone to have compared him to Barry is laughable.

He may well do but at some point one of these players has to buck this trend.

We make all of these signings (rodwell, sinclair etc) because we have to fulfill a quota, but also in the hope that they will work hard and improve and make it impossible for the manager to leave them out.

Its not happened yet but these individuals need to show the work ethic and desire to build on their existing skills set and show that they can cut it with the standard of players that are in our starting eleven.

But we have to be realistic.

Delph does not have the quality to make it into our starting XI on merit. And likely never will.

He'll always be a squad player, an option for rotation.

Wilshere for example would've been a different signing, he has the quality to make the grade. Proven himself able to.

Delph is a squad addition who will get little playing time. It's folly to dress this up as anything else.

So does Fernandinho.
Sorry but can't agree with that at all. He may do the dirtiest of work with Brazil but that's purely tactical whereas Delph has very little footballing intelligence and is just reckless; unlike someone like Barry or Fernandinho. There's no comparison.

I was so excited when we bought bridge, mcmanaman,swp,adebayor, look how they turned out!! Zabba, Kompany,Bellamy and negredo, underwhelmed but they were brilliant!! World class signings aguero yaya silva tevez have been unreal!! Let's hope this next crop will bear fruits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.