Le Tour De France 2015

And as for Cav sitting up and blowing the yellow Jersey for his team? Very poor day in the office for Cav's boys. Great stage though!

Cav made some very critical mistakes today. Not upset that he didn't win, it was a long long sprint and he just ran out of gas, but he simply gave up in the last few meters and allowed Spartacus to sneak in 3rd thus costing Martin the yellow jersey. After all the work done by Etixx today, he has to feel really bad about his racing.

Man I am loving me some TDF this year. Tomorrow is no cake walk. I'm thinking Sagan and Degenkolb both have a great shot.

Yes, was surprised how strong Sagan was on a flat sprint finish like that.
Without Kittel there, my theory is that Cav was a bit complacent today and thought he didnt need to be spot-on tactically - took it for granted he could beat Greipel et al.

Great stage today, very entertaining - shaping up to be a fascinating tour all round

And as for Cav sitting up and blowing the yellow Jersey for his team? Very poor day in the office for Cav's boys. Great stage though!

Behave, Cavendish's only failure was going too early and not winning, he saw he was beaten and sat up like most sprinters do, going balls out in a sprint you never look behind so he had no way of knowing where Cancellara was.

With that said smashing stage and shows you don't need hills to make road racing exciting just a decent bit of wind, I had a proper chuckle at Nibali who is paraded as being ultra race savvy and got caught with dick hanging out, I would go further and say he should have been penalised for drafting the fuck to get back on after his puncture and even had the bare face cheek to do it behind one of the race control cars.

Behave, Cavendish's only failure was going too early and not winning, he saw he was beaten and sat up like most sprinters do, going balls out in a sprint you never look behind so he had no way of knowing where Cancellara was.

With that said smashing stage and shows you don't need hills to make road racing exciting just a decent bit of wind, I had a proper chuckle at Nibali who is paraded as being ultra race savvy and got caught with dick hanging out, I would go further and say he should have been penalised for drafting the fuck to get back on after his puncture and even had the bare face cheek to do it behind one of the race control cars.

Yes agree about Nibali. Something dodgy about him. In the Daupine last week he was hopeless one day then awesome the next. Reminded me of Floyd Landis and we know what he was up to.

They say you can't win the Tour in the first week but you can sure lose it. Quintana and Nibali just proved it.

Is the running time ten hours as he tries desperately to finish a sentence?

Basically making Hinault out to be right cnut and Lemond to be the blue-eyed American Boy. Fascinating insight. I reckon the same was happening at team Sky during the Wiggins/Froome years.

As a Team Sky (UK Manc based) fanboy and therefore biased as fuck towards my team i loved today.

G and Stanners worked like fuck, Froomey got 4 seconds on Contador in the sprint, i think as well. The rest of the lads backed off and will be strong tomorrow.

I think Froomey will win tomorrows stage. He looked magnificent today

Basically making Hinault out to be right cnut and Lemond to be the blue-eyed American Boy. Fascinating insight. I reckon the same was happening at team Sky during the Wiggins/Froome years.

I was re-watching that 'Riding The Dales' earlier and listening to Brad say how much he realised he'd missed the Tour when he did the Giro in 2013, and consequently how excited he was to ride in 2014. It made me reflect that, regardless of what you think of he or Froome, or what went on, the merits of their relationship etc, it's a crying shame that a guy who was the TDF champion never got to ride the race again and have a shot at, at least symbolically, lining up to defend his title on the road. That can't be right, and though I understand SKY's rational and ruthless forward looking outlook, the sport itself, from a history perspective, is poorer for the decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.