Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Delph got to Ashton New Road, saw the new South Stand and got overwhelmed. Then saw the campus and thought 'bloody hell, I thought I was moving to a bigger club, not a stratospheric one' and bottled it ;-)

Heard he watched some Nando highlights on Youtube - all 20 seconds of them.

Said 'how the fuck will I compete with that' and pulled out.

It's down to opinions I guess, but in my opinion, Fernando wouldn't get in Hull's midfield. A truly dreadful footballer.

Milner was great when playing wide against top opposition in making us solid, but in central midfield he stunk the joint out. Doesn't have the speed of thought, tactical awareness or first touch to play centre midfield at the top level.

Delph is a huge upgrade on both in central midfield. He moves the ball quickly, picks the intelligent pass, reads the game well, has great pace, drive and energy. If he was called Delphinho, played for Zenit and we were only judging him on Youtube clips, people would be excited by this one. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people.

I hope you're right. But l don't see any of the British top teams interested in Delph. Let alone European top teams. Therefore 'huge' is overrating the player. Obviously l hope he will turn out ' huge' for us though.
As for Fernando, the same was said about Garcia. And he turned out ok in the end. Never understood him leaving tbh. I always judge foreign players in their 2nd season.

I assume you will add to that the fact that you know nothing about the negotiations taking place and that just because the club isn't telling you the in's and out's daily doesn't mean that nothing is going on. Delph changed his mind, nothing the club can do about that. It obviously wasn't the easiest as the player had doubts. It could be as simple as his partner just having a baby and he felt it was to much change at one time. Nothing Txiki can do about a decision based on Delphs personal life. You seem to see things as black and white but they aren't.

I don't think things are black and white. Nor do I think this transfer is necessarily his fault. I just don't trust him or his judgement!

You're right I know nothing about the in's and outs, but in my opinion there is a real sense of foreboding about this transfer window.

indeed
you only prove yourself to be the best when playing with and against the best
maybe he did the right thing staying where he is
he's better off in the Midlands derby against West Brom then running out to face Neymar and Messi

Yep and if playing for England in a short lived Euros makes more sense then playing in CL season in, season out, then we've learned plenty without him kicking a ball.
How far we've come when you'll be good enough for England, but not necessarily for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.