Windows 10

Well I've made it after using the MediaCreationTool, downloading the whole darn 6Gb twice, fighting with some HP Protection Tools, and manually installing out of a ~Windows.WS folder (or something like that)

Thanks for that, luckily enough most the privacy stuff is only if you use a Microsoft account! I avoid that shit like the iCloud, stuff just doesn't become personal with shit like that!
Agree - one thing that never sat right with me about 8 was signing in with an MS account, it was a while before I saw you could sign in locally.

I updated the wifes laptop to 10 last weekend and last night she used it for the first time since i did it. Let's just say i sat there holding my breath while she fired it up and tried her programs it was very nerve wracking but i came through OK so cheers Bill.

Just got my invite through within the last couple of hours, got to go out shortly but I'll give it a shot later I think.

Well that was easy, 21 minutes to install. I'll have to check on my drivers and such but couldn't have been easier. It helps that I've got a desktop with all standard components I suppose, laptops seem most prone to hiccups.

Could somebody please advise me. I have a bent version of Windows 7 on my pc. Should I install Windows 10 on it or not bother?

http://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html

Windows 10 is Malware

Malware means software designed to function in ways that mistreat or harm the user. (This does not include accidental errors.) This page explains how Microsoft software is malware.

Malware and nonfree software are two different issues. The difference between free software and nonfree software is in whether the users have control of the program or vice versa. It's not directly a question of what the program does when it runs. However, in practice nonfree software is often malware, because the developer's awareness that the users would be powerless to fix any malicious functionalities tempts the developer to impose some.

Type of malware

Microsoft Back Doors
Microsoft Sabotage
Microsoft Surveillance
Microsoft DRM
Microsoft Jails
Microsoft Tyrants

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.