Cycling - hints, tips and routes

Untitled.jpg

Starting from Denton.. gunna give this route a go,

I did the way of the roses a couple of years ago for charity. We did it over three days and it was a fantastic ride. You could probably do it in two if you are fitter than I was then. I'd defintaely recommend it for a long weekend of cycling and the climb out of Settle is enough to push anyone over the limit. I was on a racer with slicks which was ok for 95% of it. A hybrid would also work.

Untitled.jpg

Starting from Denton.. gunna give this route a go,
The right turn at Marsden that takes you into Holmfith is a beltin ride...so is the road that forks at the butty wagon on the moor (back into Marsden).

Coming from denton you can intro your route via oldham (pic newmarket road up from the top of sheldonway) and take the huddersfield road, better still is starting and stopping the route from the etihad

Cheers, @Fat Chance, i'll be meeting someone in dukinfield, then going from there, so was going to go up past tameside hospital then through Mossley, looking forward to the hills

Cheers, @Fat Chance, i'll be meeting someone in dukinfield, then going from there, so was going to go up past tameside hospital then through Mossley, looking forward to the hills

Yeah...know which way your going, once you know it you can tailor it all ways round, even heading out of holmf up holmes moss and chancing your arm a stretch down woodhead-left down devils elbow and into glossop/hadfield and back up mottram cutting to duk. Good friendly cycle cafe in the centre of holmfirth (opposte the public lav), you pay for one mug of coffee you kop for the 2nd one freemans.

I'm new to cycling, so thought I'd start this thread, as I'm sure there must be some other recreational cyclists on here.

Ditch the learner wheel and have a uni ;)

Seriously though, am i the only unicyclist on here?

unicycle_zps5dfhwso5.gif

The happy medium you're looking for is a hybrid bike.

I use a road bike for long rides and a hybrid for getting around locally, say up to 10 mile rides.

Mountain Bikes are pretty useless these days, imo

I would say the exact opposite. "hybrid" bikes are rubbish for anything other than paved roads. Get a hardtail mountain bike and fit semi slick tyres to it. It will be much much better off road and about the same on road.

Each their own captain.
I get through about 150 miles a week at the minute between my roadie and hybrid, use the hybrid for all sorts, canal paths, dirt paths etc.
The only use I could find for a mountain bike would be going down a mountain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.