Booing the Champions League Anthem

As an old fart I`ve seen, heard and done it all myself in the past.I now realise how my elders must have felt when I repeatedly booed ex players from United.Last night was no exception with Evra and I now ask myself WTF is that all about.Its hardly likely to make him feel upset,annoyed or make him play shit ... sometimes it has the opposite reaction.
Kids hey ... who`d have `em ?

As an old fart I`ve seen, heard and done it all myself in the past.I now realise how my elders must have felt when I repeatedly booed ex players from United.Last night was no exception with Evra and I now ask myself WTF is that all about.Its hardly likely to make him feel upset,annoyed or make him play shit ... sometimes it has the opposite reaction.
Kids hey ... who`d have `em ?

Old farts can't boo because they'd lose their Werther's Originals. Personally thought the booing was the best part of the evening - that's how shit the game was.

Tbf I find it a bit embarassing.
Clubs like us strive to make it to the CL. To then boo the f**k out of it seems a bit pointless (as if UEFA were going to give a shit anyway).
Move on.

It's not rocket science to see the correlation between the poor home support and the poor home form in the Champions League. We need to be the 12th man not make the players feel like we don't belong in the competition.

It's not rocket science to see the correlation between the poor home support and the poor home form in the Champions League. We need to be the 12th man not make the players feel like we don't belong in the competition.
Well said.
I can't help but feel that poor attendances and booing does not exactly produce the most inspiring atmosphere for the players to perform at their top level.
If we want to succeed in the CL it's time the fans embraced it for what it is ie regardless of what we may think of UEFA it is still the top club accolade in Europe.

I honestly believe that our poor performances in the CL have absolutely nothing to do with the fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.