Booing the Champions League Anthem

I do wonder what the players think of the booing. It doesn't exactly send out the message that we are desperate for them to win this game, when we show contempt for a song which has become an iconic part of CL for the other 31 teams' fans.

Booing it last year was the right thing to do after the CSKA "empty" stadium fiasco. Booing it this year makes us look small time.

I do wonder what the players think of the booing. It doesn't exactly send out the message that we are desperate for them to win this game, when we show contempt for a song which has become an iconic part of CL for the other 31 teams' fans.

I seriously doubt any real fan cares about some rubbish anthem. They played he star wars music for the 1998 UCWC final, it is just a joke.

I seriously doubt any real fan cares about some rubbish anthem. They played he star wars music for the 1998 UCWC final, it is just a joke.

Except it's not for other fans. They absolutely love it because they love the competition and getting to hear that music brings back memories from all their favourite European nights. Even players talk about it sending shivers down their spine because it means they're playing in the champions league again, which is something they care a lot about and have put in huge amounts of work to get to.

Meanwhile our players hear it getting booed and the message that we hate UEFA and don't give a shot about the CL gets conveyed, and then the players are left not playing for the fans, but only for their individual reasons.

I find it really pointless and embarrassing. It makes us look really stupid.
I've waited years for us to be playing in the champions league, what right do I have to boo it and their anthem?
Yeah they're all corrupt as fuck and they'll do everything to protect the hierarchy, we've always known that.
But what message does it send to our players lining up. We're playing in Europeans elite competition something I could only dream of as a kid, so while we're in it, ill be supporting the team all the way through it.

Why buy a ticket just to go and boo?
It's no different to them daft red twats buying tickets while buying green and yellow scarves, it's just totally contradicting.

Each to their own though I guess.

Last edited:
Except it's not for other fans. They absolutely love it because they love the competition and getting to hear that music brings back memories from all their favourite European nights. Even players talk about it sending shivers down their spine because it means they're playing in the champions league again, which is something they care a lot about and have put in huge amounts of work to get to.

Meanwhile our players hear it getting booed and the message that we hate UEFA and don't give a shot about the CL gets conveyed, and then the players are left not playing for the fans, but only for their individual reasons.
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa.You really are naive if you think that.Why the fuck would 50,000 turn up then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.