Rodney Marsh

he had a big row with Ian macFarlane who was then assistant manager after a 0-0 draw at home to Burnley,he accused him of showboating at 0-0,never played for us again after that...

Was an absolute pleasure to watch and, as I remember from back in the day, he was the first real "flair" player I remember us getting. We had a bunch of local, hardworking lads who were a good team, but he was a player who could pull a move out of his arse and simply make you gasp.

I actually played against him when he was with the Rowdies. He came on, got a goal, and trotted off saying, " That's my bit done!" Had to laugh, because we (Chicago) won 7-2, but he made his appearance, got his goal, and was clearly not going to further affect the result!!

He was also a top man with kids outside Maine Rd. As a nipper, he was really cool about me having my picture taken with him leaning on his Jenson Interceptor outside the old main entrance, which is where the players actually parked their cars while training.

In my mind, he was the Kinky, Ali B, of his day. As you can tell....I liked him ALOT!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.