City to be charged for booing Champions League jingle (anthem)

It's a bit sad and pathetic really from UEFA this! Have they really got nothing better to do than send out petty fines for booing against their silly little anthem.
It's worked as a distraction from journals sniffing round UEFA corruption...

5c49823fdbbc4a54e5aa583ad670e2a7.jpg

Can I suggest that in addition to booing the anthem we should also all turn our backs during the playing of it?
Not jump up and down like the Posnan, just visually show our disgust at the same time as verbally doing so.
This would also have a far bigger impact on the television pictures as well.
I'm not sure it would make more of an impact. During the anthem, the cameras pan along the line of players. Not the crowd.

It's a bit sad and pathetic really from UEFA this! Have they really got nothing better to do than send out petty fines for booing against their silly little anthem.
We haven't actually been fined or even charged yet They're just investigating. But Samuels says that the match delegate didn't raise the issue at the post match debriefing, the implication being that he raised it (or was asked to raise it) after that meeting.

There's a number of things that can happen now. They can decide not to pursue it, which will make them look stupid and mean we can boo with impunity. They can charge us but not punish us or suspend any punishment, which will make them look stupid. Or they can fine us (or take other action), which will make them look stupid.

The notion that they HAVE to investigate because the delegate raised it is nonsense. They could simply say to the delegate "Look, we're in enough trouble as it is without making ourselves look even more ridiculous. Either take it out or, if you leave it in, we're not going to do anything." But funnily enough the German FA have been holding a press conference today to answer questions about the World Cup, Beckenbauer and the slush fund they allegedly had. That seems to have gone under the radar funnily enough.

You've passed that charge over to me quicker than Uefa can manage for City, quedos

Doubt I'll be going back there in anycase.
Don't worry, once you'd gone I applied my usual cocktail of ready wit and effortless charm to the situation in order to pave the way for your rehabilitation, sometime in late 2019.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.