Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being overworked, credit to him that for 5 years he's been undroppable for us, but the way he plays at his age its time for him to become part of our rotation system, so he can be at the top level for longer. We'll still need him to play a big part, but he doesn't need to play every game.

With the number of attacking players we've got, Aguero, Sterling, Bony, Silva, De Bruyne, Nasri and Navas, four of them are nearly always going to play which only leaves room for a midfield two. As we've seen recently, against the more competent teams, Yaya and Fernandinho isn't the answer. Fernandinho needs someone who is prepared to put in the same shift as him and sadly Yaya doesn't do that. I'd like to see how Delph plays with Fernandinho and in certain games see us sacrifice an attacking player and play Delph, Fernandinho and Fernando in midfield.

ya ya still has a very big role to play this season - his passing is still about the best in the squad aside from silva and he adds creativity to a central 2 that the 2 ferns cant offer. However his mobility is becoming an issue.

I know he's always looked lazy but it seems to be getting worse! I don't know if he's actually able to run for the full 90 minutes. If that's the case then you either do a Vieira and become a holding player that makes an occasional burst forward, or you do what Lampard did and play a more attacking role.

I don't think Yaya should be starting many games for us. I'd play him in a central two for 60minutes to control the game and see what he does. Or I'd play him late on as a number 10 to try and power through the opposition and score. He's not quite right at the moment.

I know he's always looked lazy but it seems to be getting worse! I don't know if he's actually able to run for the full 90 minutes. If that's the case then you either do a Vieira and become a holding player that makes an occasional burst forward, or you do what Lampard did and play a more attacking role.

I don't think Yaya should be starting many games for us. I'd play him in a central two for 60minutes to control the game and see what he does. Or I'd play him late on as a number 10 to try and power through the opposition and score. He's not quite right at the moment.

It's a tricky conundrum the Yaya one but personally I don't believe he cannot play in a midfield two. I think our results with him playing in that position, even this season, suggests that people are overreacting by suggesting he's finished in that position. I also think that playing him as a number 10 is frankly, a nonsense with the players we have in that position. Pellegrini was wrong to start with him there yesterday, and even wronger to persevere with him playing there beyond the first 45 when it was clear that he was having minimal impact in the final third. It was noticeable to me that throughout the match Pellegrini spent a lot of time imploring Toure to push further forward.

At the end of the day, it will all depend on his attitude both on and off the pitch. He is right up there for me as a city great and I would love it if he accepted being a rotation player but giving his all to the squad both on and off the park. However, his past mutterings and recent press don't like or recognise me quote, suggest to me rotation will not play out well.
City will I reckon be aiming to move to yet another level next year, it will be time for a spring clean. I would try and keep him within the CFG if possible.

Seems to be a shadow of his former self and I am not talking about the season we won the league. He just looks so lazy,his attitude,his walk and his performances too. I know he can flip the game in the blink of an eye but sometimes it looks like we have 10 men on the pitch when yaya is on. Why does he not make those big lung busting runs at defence anymore??? Is there something to all the stories in the press??? Come back yaya!!!! Oh and please step it up the champions league games.

Seems to be a shadow of his former self and I am not talking about the season we won the league. He just looks so lazy,his attitude,his walk and his performances too. I know he can flip the game in the blink of an eye but sometimes it looks like we have 10 men on the pitch when yaya is on. Why does he not make those big lung busting runs at defence anymore??? Is there something to all the stories in the press??? Come back yaya!!!! Oh and please step it up the champions league games.
He has tried those runs several times this season. But every time, he gets caught. He's not faster than the opposition any more. Legs have gone. It happened to Essien too. Remember how he just seemed to go shit in the blink of an eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.