Villa vs. City Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll win week after week in the Premiership if Sanchez stays fit. Their CL campaign will probably go down to the last game, but if they go out, then they will have a clear run at the league. This is the strongest Arsenal team for some while.
Getting results at teams where seasons past would have slipped up,they have a decent squad depth,and at the moment a number of injuries,I want them to stay in Europe but would prefer it to be in the Europa league...As for villa just a shame garde didn't take charge till after we play them,the new manager syndrome will make this game a lot harder now...

Gooners likely to go into the Europa league? which they could go a long way in so that's an ideal outcome.

The games before and after Champions League games can be awkward. I think City will have physically recovered but mentally we have to get our focus back.

We look like we mean business this year with so many players being disappointed last season for club (and country in the Summer) that I think we are going to have a good season. Arsenal look a real threat though. Not sure if I want them to win tonight against Bayern. Don't want their confidence up, but on the other hand they are already out of the League Cup so they'll have a clear run at the league if they go out of the CL
Sure they wil,lol, arsenal will collapse as they always do, my money's on February this year, set your clock by it.

Depends how seriously they take it. He could play kids and focus on league
Yeh he will make sure they don't go any futher than the first round knockout stage. 2 games playing the kids won't make a difference to the season. I'd rather them go through in champions league.

we're going to need all the fast tricky attacking players on the pitch for this one

that means Kolarov instead of Clichy as well as Sterling, Navas, De Buyne, Yaya all on the pitch. Give Silva extra rest and bring nacho on in the second half.
I'll be tempted to go with Fernando for this one as well. Mangala to play also

Bring clichy and KDB for this game , Kolarov was the only disappointment against Sevilla , and give dinho a well earned rest , we should still have plenty to beat a poor Villa side , give nacho and delph last half hour , Garde will no doubt have an effect with his 1st game in charge , Villa players will want to prove themselves , if we get a couple of early goals though, it will be a long afternoon for Villa fans.

Seems harsh to drop anyone bar Kolarov after the last performance but realistically KdB should be starting in a match like this. I'd give Dinho a rest & let Nando hold down the fort in midfield with Yaya but will more likely be Nando whose dropped I imagine.

Absolutely won't be an easy match; this is the perfect match for Villa in a sense, new manager, at home, something to prove & nothing to lose really - lose to City & it's "meh expected, first match new manager", or win & it's a perfect kickstart to their season. We need a professional performance to get the 3 points here.

A win this weekend & it will have been a fantastic run without our 2 best players; currently on 5 wins & a draw. Impressive stuff from the guys who've stepped up so far, lets hope they keep it going.

we're going to need all the fast tricky attacking players on the pitch for this one

that means Kolarov instead of Clichy as well as Sterling, Navas, De Buyne, Yaya all on the pitch. Give Silva extra rest and bring nacho on in the second half.
I'll be tempted to go with Fernando for this one as well. Mangala to play also
You say fast and put in Kolarov instead of Clichy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.