This Weekends other PL Fixtures Week 12 7/8 Nov

Great performance by Spurs but in the end a bad result. We pissed all over them and made Arsenal look very ordinary for 70 minutes. Lloris should have saved that one, but he's normally the most reliable Spurs player so I will give him that one. If City don't win this league it will be criminal because Arsenal aren't as good as people make out

IMO, you were the better team today but not as dominant as you make out.

I have to admit your midfield dominated Arsenal's. Reflecting the substitution of Carzorla. Your completely nullified him.

Very impressed by the energy of the Spurs players. I'll be amazed if you can keep up that intensity for the entire season. Saying that, you have to take your hat off to Pochettino. He's made Spurs greater than the sum of its parts.

Categorically, I think a season is 38 games long and whether we move two points ahead of Arsenal or stay level in early November will have as much bearing on the outcome of the league as any other weekend i.e. 1/38th.

We stay top and you're unhappy. You seem ill-suited to cope with following a leading football club. Maybe you should take up another hobby which is more suited to your mental disposition.
See that's where you're mistaken. It's entirely possible (and perfectly normal) to be unhappy about dropping points to bottom of the league, yet happy at being in 1st place. You're in the minority if you don't think we missed an opportunity today. As for that last comment, well that's pretty poor on your part. The age-old, unoriginal "football isn't for you" retort, when really there is no need for a retort at all. You were merely asked if you genuinely don't think today was a missed opportunity - the view almost unanimously shared by the forum.

Right, that'll do me very nicely. We don't play particularly well today, but we're still top. Our most serious rivals nearly lose, and in any case drop two vital points at home. Two home games to come up for us, and our two world class players back for them (or maybe not until Southampton, in the case of Kun). Qualified for next round of CL, through to quarter final of league cup, with probably the kindest draw of anyone. What's not to like?

Totally love the creative spin you've put on this. Both of us drew today and got a point each. Neither of us played particularly well.

Yet Arsenal 'almost lost' and 'dropped 2 VITAL points' whilst city 'didn't play well but still got a point and are still top' - that makes sense. For a start you can't almost lose, you either do you or don't. If you want to try and spin it to make it sound like our point is so much worse or downbeat then yours, maybe you should remember you dropped points against the worst side in the league whilst we dropped points against a very good Spurs who could well finish top 4/5. I personally would be FAR more annoyed at dropping points against villa away then Spurs at home.

PS I'm not suggesting for one second that city fans shouldnt be happy with the season so far, because they should be. I was just pointing out your lame attempt at spinning both of our draws today in such opposite directions when essentially we both drew, we probably got the more favourable draw as mentioned above, we both have top players coming back from injury soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.