Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you've used disinfectant gel after touching that vile paper.
Lol as i said i'm not a newspaper snob, if it's there and it's free i will read it except the Mirror, i don't give two figs for politics or things like that, left leaning, right leaning or centre doesn't interest me in the slightest if it's printed i will read it, lifes too short to worry about daft things

The Sun today, 2 page spread on old grounds that have shut down and have either been demolished or left to rot, Highbury as you would expect featured so too did loads of smaller ones like Millmore and Plough Lane, guess what never featured, not a sniff not a mention? have you got it right? yes Maine Rd, glad i got that off my chest i'm fucking seething, lol
And so you should be!!!
Any article about old english football grounds no ,longer here should always include Maine Road ffs!!!
still the largest attendance for a top class football match outside london, 84,564 fans 3rd March 1934 vStoke City .'The great England international Frank Swift was in goal for the blues that day,having first graced Maine Road on Boxing day 1933,the day after his debut on Christmas day at Derby county.....two matches in two days, as was common practise in those days............Matt Busby also turned out at Maine road against Stoke.
the widest pitch throughout the 70s and 80s ..Maine road
used to be called the wembley of the north/
often used for fa cup semi final replays,and when the rags got bombed in the war they had to ask City to play at Maine road and actually gained their record attendance, on our ground, against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Modern day media can try all they like to airbrush our great club out of history, but the facts are there .

And so you should be!!!
Any article about old english football grounds no ,longer here should always include Maine Road ffs!!!
still the largest attendance for a top class football match outside london, 84,564 fans 3rd March 1934 vStoke City .'The great England international Frank Swift was in goal for the blues that day,having first graced Maine Road on Boxing day 1933,the day after his debut on Christmas day at Derby county.....two matches in two days, as was common practise in those days............Matt Busby also turned out at Maine road against Stoke.
the widest pitch throughout the 70s and 80s ..Maine road
used to be called the wembley of the north/
often used for fa cup semi final replays,and when the rags got bombed in the war they had to ask City to play at Maine road and actually gained their record attendance, on our ground, against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Modern day media can try all they like to airbrush our great club out of history, but the facts are there .
Correct, if they could wax lyrical about the Den on Cold Blow Lane Millwall they could have mentioned Maine Rd, as you say airbrushed out of sight or are we all getting a touch paranoid?

I know it is little things but if anyone reads f365 it is clear that since Sky have taken control of the website they have not missed an opportunity to belittle City Such as

"They may have an abundance of stars to fall back on, but with City failing to score from open play in each of their last three league matches Silva’s return can’t come soon enough. The international break has come at just the right time for the league leaders."

Citys last 3 results have been 0 - 0, 2 -1, 0 - 0 they failed to note the header from Otamendi

"An abundance of stars to fall back on" is a bit like when they say "with the player they've got/ the money they've spent they should expect to win." It prevents the need for any detailed analysis of our squad's strengths and weaknesses. Whereas I very often hear/read detailed discussions about what formation Spurs/arsenal/liverpool/rags should play in national media there is very rarely anything about us apart from lazy crap like this. "With the players they've got they should beat Villa/ win most games/ finish top four." Annoys the shit out of me.

"An abundance of stars to fall back on" is a bit like when they say "with the player they've got/ the money they've spent they should expect to win." It prevents the need for any detailed analysis of our squad's strengths and weaknesses. Whereas I very often hear/read detailed discussions about what formation Spurs/arsenal/liverpool/rags should play in national media there is very rarely anything about us apart from lazy crap like this. "With the players they've got they should beat Villa/ win most games/ finish top four." Annoys the shit out of me.
It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if you even occasionally heard the same phrase being directed towards united, which you never do, of course.

Their return on investment in recent seasons has been pitiful.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if you even occasionally heard the same phrase being directed towards united, which you never do, of course.

Their return on investment in recent seasons has been pitiful.

I have to do a fair bit of travelling in my job, so get the time to listen to almost all the main podcasts - Bluemoon Podcast, The Man City Show, Times, Guadian, 606, Monday night club, Sunday Supplement etc. And without fail, on all but the City ones, there is always a lengthy discussion about the rags, and in 95% of cases about Liverpool and Arsenal. Chelsea get good coverage as do Spurs. City...well a cursory mention - rarely have I heard an in-depth analysis of our manager, players or tactics.

Now, given that I've probably got through hundreds of episodes, I can probably count on one hand the times when I've heard any podcast spend more than a few minutes on City - even when we won the league, it was more about United and Liverpool losing it than us winning it! And on the odd occasion there is coverage, it is always obvious that whoever is commenting on us, has spent very little time researching the club.

Some might say, well don't download and boost their figures. But apart from being a City fan, I actually have a genuine interest in football in general, and so whilst the coverage is biased, at least it helps pass the long hours of travelling by listening to something that interests me.

All we ask for is fair and accurate reporting from the media.

Instead, we get little to no recognition and they are always ready to stick the knife in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.