Kean Bryan

Kean Bryan got injured in the 1st Half yesterday. Worryingly it looked like a muscle / knee ligament injury. Manu Garcia replaced him, and was his usual invisible self (apart from one or two very brief moments). How Garcia gets anywhere near the 1st team is a complete mystery to all of us who regularly watch the EDS / U18's.

Glendon also picked up what looked like a muscle injury in the 2nd half which compromised the midfield, as Ash Smith-Brown had to move there and looked well out of his depth in that position.

Off topic but... Celina was (as usual!) the best player on the pitch. For me he is twice the player Garcia will ever be!

Still off topic... What was really concerning (given our issues at Centre Half) was that Tosin had an absolute nightmare- by far the worst game I've ever seen him have... and I really have no idea why Plummer is still at the club? He's already 21, and never going to be anywhere near the level we need!

Last edited:
Tosin is just a big bully at youth level; Cam Humphreys has a lot more about him, hence him being in and around the first team squad ever now and then despite being younger.

Yeah I posted the bottom one, sardonically. Was surprised to see him like it...

To be fair, what more can he do? He's been consistently excellent for the youth teams. Must be infuriating at times. I like Manu Garcia, but he's never had a MOTM game at any level for us, yet he's getting on the bench. It must be confusing.

It's was the same with Pozo and it's simply vindication of what Devante Cole said; a Spanish passport automatically sees you higher in the pecking order for Cup cameos than if you're a British kid who's outshining them on a weekly basis as was the case with Barker last season.

I might be wrong, but I don think Kean has even been on the bench for the first team in the past 2 years?

Tosin is just a big bully at youth level; Cam Humphreys has a lot more about him, hence him being in and around the first team squad ever now and then despite being younger.

Sorry... but this is absolute twoddle!

Tosin is usually calm, composed and classy on the ball. He never seems to panic under pressure, and at this level usually looks like he has so much time under pressure, as his first touch is that good! The only reason Humphreys went on tour was because Tosin was injured! Humphreys might in the long run turn out to be a better player... but he has a lot of developing still to do. For me Tosin is in our top 3 prospects at EDS level... hopefully this was just an off day!

It's was the same with Pozo and it's simply vindication of what Devante Cole said; a Spanish passport automatically sees you higher in the pecking order for Cup cameos than if you're a British kid who's outshining them on a weekly basis as was the case with Barker last season.

I might be wrong, but I don think Kean has even been on the bench for the first team in the past 2 years?
Kean was on the bench in Turin

Cole was/is shit

I've not seen anything of Bryan to make me think he'll break into our squad tbh. He needs a season long loan at a ball playing lower level prem club and lets see what he has.

You never know though. If Demichelis does go in Jan, there's an opportunity there, but I reckon Cameron Humphries looks earmarked for that spot.

Sorry... but this is absolute twoddle!

Tosin is usually calm, composed and classy on the ball. He never seems to panic under pressure, and at this level usually looks like he has so much time under pressure, as his first touch is that good! The only reason Humphreys went on tour was because Tosin was injured! Humphreys might in the long run turn out to be a better player... but he has a lot of developing still to do. For me Tosin is in our top 3 prospects at EDS level... hopefully this was just an off day!
You beat me to it, spot on post.

Bryan needs to improve 100% if he is ever to get near our 1st team as a midfielder(which I don't believe he's capable of) he just seems a little lost there and his passing can be laboured and not incisive enough - as a centre half he is excellent as he sees all the play in front of him and makes far better positional decisions.

After a great second half of the season(last season) Humphreys went on the pre-season tour - this has clearly messed with his head as he has been really poor this season culminating in a disgraceful display against Juventus at Vercelli in the UYL.

Tosin is an excellent prospect but his/size and athleticism get him the right results most of the time and sometimes that can become very casual and costly as it was last night - he needs to eradicate that from his game to progress towards City's first team.

Again very much like Humphreys - Manu Garcia has been the shadow of himself that we saw last season since going on the tour and yes Celina is looking the best prospect in that creative midfield role atm.

Bryan needs to improve 100% if he is ever to get near our 1st team as a midfielder(which I don't believe he's capable of) he just seems a little lost there and his passing can be laboured and not incisive enough - as a centre half he is excellent as he sees all the play in front of him and makes far better positional decisions.

After a great second half of the season(last season) Humphreys went on the pre-season tour - this has clearly messed with his head as he has been really poor this season culminating in a disgraceful display against Juventus at Vercelli in the UYL.

Tosin is an excellent prospect but his/size and athleticism get him the right results most of the time and sometimes that can become very casual and costly as it was last night - he needs to eradicate that from his game to progress towards City's first team.

Again very much like Humphreys - Manu Garcia has been the shadow of himself that we saw last season since going on the tour and yes Celina is looking the best prospect in that creative midfield role atm.

poor bryan hahaha

loads of people seem to be writing him off since he's liked these tweets ....... we will never know if any of them are good enough unless they get a proper chance, even denayer looks like he won't so it will be very hard for any one to make it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.