Monchengladbach post match (top of the group)

I personally think the second half was as well as we've played all season. Against all logic we engaged them higher up the pitch, Mangala & Otamendi aggressively pushed us forwards, Kolarov was the good Kolarov. Ya Ya powerful, determind on the ball. Fernandinho his aggressive best. We looked good before the subs, after we looked much like our old selves.

Sterling clearly benefits from space, adding Navas and a striker spread their defence, left space for Silva and Toure to plot and pass, Fernandinho to run through.
Will on occasion we get hit on the counter? Yes. Obviously, but Sterling and Navas give the side so much more balance.

For me to get our season back on track I'd stick as close to the formation we finished with as possible. Use De Bruyne as an alternative to Aguero, Bony, Iheancho or Silva.

Last 16 of Champions League (favorable draw)
Semi Final of League Cup
Go top of Premier League with a win on Saturday
Kompany and Aguero to return

AT final whistle Brain Kid said some thing to Pelle before shaking hands but it didn't look like "congrats boss" more like" thats what up,fuck yeah!" :)

More like Brian Kidd said you pick the team and tactics from now on Pellers, i'll just collect the balls in training..

Teams we could get in Last 16:

Paris Saint Germain
Valencia
Benfica
Porto
Roma
Leverkusen
Olympiakos
BATE
Gent
Kiev
PSV

Some tough teams there but we've given ourselves the best chance.
Looks a lot better than:

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Atletico Madrid
Bayern Munich
Wolfsburg
Zenit St Petersburg
FC Porto (if they beat Chelsea)

I am a miserable git..!! - I have always supported Navas , in the past , but tonight he was back to what he does best - poor crosses - (it was Clichy that put the ball across
for our second goal) - One day - if I live that long - I am going to see Navas skin the defender and bullet a shot into the net. PLEASE.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.