Jihadi John Song

Mate, it's properly shit. You almost sound proud of it.
I hope you enjoy your 15 minutes.

I've not expressed an opinion on it either way, nor am i trying to change or sway anyone else's opinion on it either way, i'm merely putting some context to it for people who wasn't there today as well as challenging some of the ridiculous comments that are generalising and labelling fans as something they're not.

If people think it's shit, fine, if they like it, fine. If people think it's in bad taste and disrespectful, that's equally fine, but i don't see how people can label others as scum etc purely based on a short video. Some of the comments on here are more offensive than the song.

My arse it's ridiculing terrorism. You make it sound like it's some well considered political satire - it's not. It's a daft chant.
To ridicule takes a bit more effort and better delivery.

It's an attempt at ridiculing ISIS. It may or may not be considered a poor or failed attempt but that's what it is.

Yep delete the thread

Its already out there so what's the point of deleting this thread?

I think the best course of action is for all decent City fans to show how truly disgusted we are about this chant on a genuine City forum. Every club has its dickheads us included, my fear is if we try to sweep our disgust under the table we'll all be tarred with the same brush as the arsehole's who sang this chant. There's no hiding from this, if it's already on Youtube it's out there for the world to see and hear so we as fans need to be proactive in distancing ourselves and our club from this bullshit. The last thing I want is some religious loon doing a Charlie Hebdo at the Etihad in the so called defence of his faith.

On top of this, if these dicks attempt this chant at home to Everton they should be reported, identified, removed from the stadium and banned indefinitely

This is very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
My arse it's ridiculing terrorism. You make it sound like it's some well considered political satire - it's not. It's a daft chant.
To ridicule takes a bit more effort and better delivery.

You don't like the chant so don't sing it!
You sing it don't you

@veryproud

Not about being proud. It's a chant whether it's good or bad. Support some other team of you think its OK to smear the majority of our away support!

It's an attempt at ridiculing ISIS. It may or may not be considered a poor or failed attempt but that's what it is.
A failed attempt to be something means it's not what it attempted to be. Ergo, it's not ridiculing.

The reality is, it's a made up chant, amended and appended whilst drunk. The real purpose was never to deliver a charged message to ISIS - it was 'let's make up a daft chant'.
Honestly, it's best to just to admit that's what it is - a daft chant, rather than try to put it forward as some considered ethical retort to ISIS.

If people want to deliver a statement to ISIS I'm all for it! - but I won't be delivering it in a chant whilst pissed and spilling my beer in the process.

This thread needs some of these.
fanny-wipes-novelty-gift-626-p.jpg

I hope there's enough to around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.