Johnny Rotten

uncle fester

Picked this up on the shelf at Tesco's - didn't buy it

flicking through the photos - there he was at the emirates in a straw boater, white blazer with arse badge and massive flag

now maybe my mind is playing tricks on me but I remember this guy - at the time I thought he was the greatest thing ever

I saw a lot of him on the telly and read loads of interviews etc but nowhere do I remember him talking about football never mind the arse in particular

feet of clay and all that

He's always been a Gooner - grew up in Finsbury Park.
He was in some film in the mid / late 80's with Harvey Keitel. Keitel was a cop and Rotten a psychopath in New York, walking around with an Arsenal shoulder bag.
caption_competition_pa_b154e67304d6b964b5eaa2ea54cfa248.jpg

Picked this up on the shelf at Tesco's - didn't buy it

flicking through the photos - there he was at the emirates in a straw boater, white blazer with arse badge and massive flag

now maybe my mind is playing tricks on me but I remember this guy - at the time I thought he was the greatest thing ever

I saw a lot of him on the telly and read loads of interviews etc but nowhere do I remember him talking about football never mind the arse in particular

feet of clay and all that

In his first book there is a photo of him in his house in Chelsea in the late 70s with the TV on and there's football on TV so maybe he was always a fan although like you I have read many of his interviews over the years and don't recall any references to football until the early 90s.

I've read that Sid was a rag.

I've only ever seen him as a massive twat. I never really got the whole punk thing. Shit music played by scruffy twats who gobbed on each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.