Jacob Davenport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Smith

Seeing his name popping up more and more, never seen him play myself. What type of player is he? Which current pros could he be compared to to get a good idea of what he looks like?

A tenacious ball winning holding midfield player. Only small in stature but big of heart and effort. Reads the game well and seems to play the game nice and simple. He is having a very impressive season with today being no exception. No doubt Brahim gets most of the plaudits for today's win but Davenport was excellent in the 2nd half stopping Chelsea playing.

Really like Davenport. I've mentioned him quite a lot in my reports simply cos I've never seen him have a bad game. Such an intelligent little player. Excellent on the ball, capable of spreading delightful 40 yard passes and hugely adept at sweeping up and stepping into defence to cover the gaps and win the ball. I wasn't at the Chelsea game but during the Norwich FA youth cup one he was outstanding tactically. There's a lot to be said for any player that makes a team look 20% more assured immediately simply by being on the pitch - he's one of them. He can take a free kick too.

Reminds me a bit of a young Gareth Barry with his ability to read the game. And the icing on the cake?......

He's a city fan too :)

Solid player.

The comparisons made in this thread all bare some accuracy too. Cattermole who can pass and is more intelligent. Barry with more energy.

To coin a poor phrase, his "Football IQ" seems to be quite high. Organises those in from to him and drops into the defence superbly when required. Doesn't try anything too much. Knows his roll and does it to perfection.

Clean sweep of awards tonight for Davenport: u18s player of the year, scholar of the year, and players' player of the year. Great prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.