City V PSG ticket Prices: Club Statement

I wrote to the club asking why it costs twice as much to sit as a disabled concession category than it does to sit in the same seat for league matches.

This is the answer I got.

Nothing, Nowt, Sweet Fanny Adam, Zilch, Fuck all.

They do not have the good manners even to send me a copy of what Guardian readers got in the press release.

To make matters worse I cannot book my son a ticket on line because of my status. Sometimes I am lucky enough to get into the 'Cityzens Portal' whatever than means but when try to go into the part for buying tickets I am told to log in again and I get this inaccurate and meaningless message.

'Memno or Password do not match. Please try again'. To the uninitiated this means that disabled people MUST book by telephone, but how many have to mess around checking passwords, getting new passwords and all that buggering around before giving up and joining the queue?

This situation has been going on for at least three years. Hopeless, hapless and helpless. Or dismal, abysmal and miserable fail?
The online ticketing for disabled and ambulant users is atrocious. Always has been, and doesn't show any signs of getting any better

What with the re-wording of the ticket prices on the OS and now this, it sounds like they're pulling all manner of stunts to push sales up. It smacks of desperation to me and the best thing they could've done is just revise the ticket prices and put out a statement that they've made a misjudgement regarding the original pricing - that would've got many fans back on side and would also limit any lasting damage.
At the prices they've set, very few not on the CL scheme will be risking buying tickets until after the first leg. Had they set it lower (£30/£35) they would have been snapped up quickly.

There is nothing 'fair' about the ticket pricing, just like there is nothing fair about a player earning £250k a week whilst the lowest paid earn £300 a week. It is unfortunately the reality of the World we live in and I doubt that prices will be dropping.
The reality of the world we live in is that the paying customer has every right to use any legal means necessary to convince the business they are blmaking an error.

Including protests, not buying the product any more and mianing like fuck on the internet.

At the prices they've set, very few not on the CL scheme will be risking buying tickets until after the first leg. Had they set it lower (£30/£35) they would have been snapped up quickly.

Yep, I reckon thousands and thousands will now hold fire and if we get twatted in the first leg we could be looking at a half full ground. I remember when we played West Ham in the League Cup semi a couple of seasons back, loads of Hammers held off buying tickets for the 2nd leg at theirs which turned out to be a wise move because we beat them 6-0 in the first leg. It was only then that their club tried to push special deals for the 2nd leg but by then the horse had bolted. I reckon if West Ham had priced it more sensibly in the first place, plenty of their fans would've taken a chance and bought their tickets in advance of knowing the first leg result.

Yep, I reckon thousands and thousands will now hold fire and if we get twatted in the first leg we could be looking at a half full ground. I remember when we played West Ham in the League Cup semi a couple of seasons back, loads of Hammers held off buying tickets for the 2nd leg at theirs which turned out to be a wise move because we beat them 6-0 in the first leg. It was only then that their club tried to push special deals for the 2nd leg but by then the horse had bolted. I reckon if West Ham had priced it more sensibly in the first place, plenty of their fans would've taken a chance and bought their tickets in advance of knowing the first leg result.
This is the point I'm trying to make. It's not whether people consider it reasonable or not on a personal level, its the muddled thinking at City that couldn't see this.

If it was £30 I would be buying a couple on Thursday (payday), as it is £45 upwards for where I need to sit (as my dad needs access to disabled facilities currently) then we will be definitely waiting till after the first leg.

Why do people think they are being over-charged for these tickets?
Opposition not worthy of the price?
our play not worthy?
the competition not worthy?

Match day tickets are set at these prices for Catergory A games and so have champions league before, so why this year do we have this kick up and putting statements out? thats something i cant get my head around.

Why do people think they are being over-charged for these tickets?
Opposition not worthy of the price?
our play not worthy?
the competition not worthy?

Match day tickets are set at these prices for Catergory A games and so have champions league before, so why this year do we have this kick up and putting statements out? thats something i cant get my head around.

Because the headline ticket price was '£60'.

Just like the headline price was £299 for this season's season tickets.

There are cheaper tickets for the PSG game. There were more expensive season tickets for this season.

Regardless of all the other ticket and season ticket prices, the headline ticket and season ticket price will always prevail.

City pushed the £299 season ticket figure. They didn't push the £60 PSG ticket figure.

Cat and Mouse at the highest level.

Personally I think the fans on here having a go at our owners for charging £60 for a champions league quarter final are a joke.

They should remember where we were before the takeover and the fact we were on the verge of administration.

The reason we have these games are due to our fantastic owners and fans shouldn't forget that.

We do not have the fan base of the rags, Lpool, Barca, Madrid etc and some of the fans are acting as if we do and demanding lower prices.

Be very very careful what you wish for blues.

Because the headline ticket price was '£60'.

Just like the headline price was £299 for this season's season tickets.

There are cheaper tickets for the PSG game. There were more expensive season tickets for this season.

Regardless of all the other ticket and season ticket prices, the headline ticket and season ticket price will always prevail.

City pushed the £299 season ticket figure. They didn't push the £60 PSG ticket figure.

Cat and Mouse at the highest level.
Yes but I think his point is people have been paying these prices or £58 at least for a couple of years for some league games , so why has it kicked off for this game. The only reason really is s/c holders are having to pay it this time, which is'nt meant as a dig at season ticket holders, just a possible explanation of why the fuss for this game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.