City V PSG ticket Prices: 1894 Group statement in full

Thanks for the response mate, much appreciated.

Of all that feedback you received though, how many do you think came from actual match goers, do you think it's a fair reflection of the support you'd have among match goers? After all, it's the match goers whose opinion matters, they'd be the people who'd take part in a protest, and those that are affect by ticket prices.

Among those you know are match goers, what do you think the support of a walkout looked like?

yeah we think it is reflective. there will be non match go-ers but there are non match go-ers on here. ie look at the threads discussing the game during home games on here. don't be disappointed. it might be a long battle - but if they balls up season ticket prices walk out could come this season.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post some interesting stuff which I didn't know. To describe city fans as 'apathetic' re 1894 is interesting, I do get the impression we are actually quite conservative and undemonstrative and quite divided unlike the more firebrand militant left of centre support of Liverpool and the filth.

City fans have a snapping point. Alan Ball. Swales Out. Franny Out. But they say they want an atmosphere like Germany and we say - move seats join a block. When not enough do and we get a quiet game we get grief over it ! We've created something - up to you Blues to take that opportunity and make it work.

our best chance of getting the change in policy over prices is to do it this way, in stages but be prepared to go all the way if need be

yeah we think it is reflective. there will be non match go-ers but here are non match go-ers on here. ie look at the threads discussing the game during home games on here. don't be disappointed. it might be a long battle - but if they balls up season ticket prices walk out could come this season.

What I really fear though mate is that without a walk out we're set for yet more increases on season tickets this summer.

I think the club's silence on season ticket renewals while for months other PL club's were announcing freezes or reductions, due to the huge new TV deal making ticket revenue an even more insignificant percentage of a PL club's turnover, really told its own story.

We've had increases every season since the takeover now. Averaging circa 10% each year, well above inflation.

My old man's is £800 in 106 with the £50 platinum scam fee (has to stump it as an away supporter), that's more or less double what it was in 2008.

The biggest problem for me is that this is part of a wider trend which we should all be worried about, I don't think Soriano and Glick give a toss about the supporters, and just wish to monetise us for all we're worth. I think we're on a very slippery slope.

One of the biggest recent signals for me was when the club gave the new corporate lite season ticket holders access to any away ticket regardless of points, even harder to get tickets for the biggest away games of the season now. Shitting on the very most core support for a few quid.

As has been pointed out before, they know they price of everything and the value of nothing.

You know things are getting bad when you look across the road and the rags have had their season ticket prices frozen for 5 consecutive years.

What I really fear though mate is that without a walk out we're set for yet more increases on season tickets this summer.

I think the club's silence on season ticket renewals while for months other PL club's were announcing freezes or reductions, due to the huge new TV deal making ticket revenue an even more insignificant percentage of a PL club's turnover, really told its own story.

We've had increases every season since the takeover now. Averaging circa 10% each year, well above inflation.

My old man's is £800 in 106 with the £50 platinum scam fee (has to stump it as an away supporter), that's more or less double what it was in 2008.

The biggest problem for me is that this is part of a wider trend which we should all be worried about, I don't think Soriano and Glick give a toss about the supporters, and just wish to monetise us for all we're worth. I think we're on a very slippery slope.

One of the biggest recent signals for me was when the club gave the new corporate lite season ticket holders access to any away ticket regardless of points, even harder to get tickets for the biggest away games of the season now. Shitting on the very most core support for a few quid.

As has been pointed out before, they know they price of everything and the value of nothing.

You know things are getting bad when you look across the road and the rags have had their season ticket prices frozen for 5 consecutive years.

yeah so we have said all this in the 2 statements, we've twatted them in the press but also told them what they need to do. we totally get it's a business and ground is going to go a bit more corporate but it's too far, it affects the atmosphere and the enjoyment of fans at home games. as people on here have said, if prices are right and 55k turn up every week they make the money anyway through extra purchases, not just that, fans end up being fans for life. the fans who went during the barren years are starting to drift off now, that was an ageing support and if you make them pick and choose home games and make it almost impossible to get an away ticket, you are basically taking the club away from them

have to wait and see but for those who feel strongly about it everyone has a chance to get involved now, whether it's walking out, holding up a banner, chanting £60 you're having a laugh or simply not going to the psg game.

I think if the banners got on tv during the it match would send a much stronger statement to the club, people all over the world would see it. People who might not read papers or blogs, but watch the match would know. I think along with chanting (really loud and repeatedly through the whole match) would probably be a good start.

Personally I'm not happy with city sending me and email the other day trying to get me to sign up for cityzen international which is £35 to get £5 off of a single PSG ticket. People talk about getting "tourists" or "day trippers" in, but yet city seem to about fleecing all their supporters, not just the local ones. I also think that getting an email like that right after some press in the UK picked up this possible walkout sent city running to other support to try and get a good turnout for PSG.

Bollocks mate....

And we are all in this together, or we should be, the other fella is acting extremely selfishly, and has chosen to go it alone and troll those who wish to encourage that unity which will benefit all of us. Hence him getting some stick, thoroughly deserved I might add.

We all have different opinions but I never consider a person a troll just because we disagree especially as calling people a troll seems to be a very dismissive way of saying 'I am right. you are wrong'.

There are many different opinions held on here but having a different opinion on City should not bring about some of the comments that have prevailed on here which do not show much unity.

The season before last v Bayern my ticket in 106 was £58. What is all the fuss about?

too dear then and it's too dear now. people twigging they are not getting value for money whereas before bought tickets for big champions league games as it was a novelty
not just that, loads forced to move and generally club more distant to fans these days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.