The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

There is a positive in that speech? Anything at all that would change a negative perception?

It just seems a sales pitch for making us accept the changes to the club, fanbase and that it will somehow improve our experience. Depressingly we have little say or consultation in it. The best argument seems to be we do not want to see red shirts in NY.

It just seems a sales pitch for making us accept the changes to the club, fanbase and that it will somehow improve our experience. Depressingly we have little say or consultation in it. The best argument seems to be we do not want to see red shirts in NY.

To be fair to him I have been saying he should engage more with fans so I can't be too critical when he does. But I was saying that for him, not for us. If he engages when thins are going well and gets credit, he can use that credit when times are tough. Cook and Mancini both did that well, and have been forgiven some pretty poor mistakes as a result. No point just churning out cheap PR when things aren't so good and your boss tells you to do it. Smacks of nothing but hypocrisy. And that was me trying not to be too critical .....

As for the speech, I have written many like that in my time and it was just a bit of waffle in front of a (presumably well-lubricated by then) friendly audience. In the cold light of day I am not sure it sounds so good. Trying to tie the daughter of a vicar into what he is doing now is a little weird. Not sure he "gets" being a fan. Not here anyway ....

Thought this needed its own thread so I've done that.

Let's pick out a few gems:
...recognising the need to use football as a tool to battle adversity in the local area, set up a team to keep young men off the streets. He sought to reassure fans that, no matter how global the club's operation becomes, their founding principles and community spirit must remain intact.
Right. So let's price out anyone in the local area then.

"Manchester City is not a consumer product – it's something much more important.
So let's get a few thousand quid more for a big game instead of making sure we fill the ground.

if you had been with me, in New York last Sunday, with thousands of people dressed in sky blue rooting for the team, you would have felt something very special.
When you're sat in Manchester on April 12th with thousands of blue empty seats anfd it's deathly quiet, I hope you feel very stupid.

Good for him that he has actually spoken about Manchester City to Manchester City fans.

He's had a lot of criticism on here the last couple of weeks for not doing so, maybe it's a coincidence that he's addressed fans now for the first time in 4 years?

It sounded pretty much word for word as the same speech he gave in New York a couple of years ago.

If only he'd recorded it for the City website, or perhaps invited more City fans, or even the national press, this well intentioned speech may have hit a wider audience. Perhaps if he'd done this a couple of years ago there wouldn't be so many disillusioned fans now.

But whatever the reasons, at least he seems to be making an effort with City fans now.

Well done Mr Sorriano, long may it continue, but maybe now is the time to create a two way dialogue so that fans can tell you how they feel outside of a loaded questionnaire.

I am not arsed about other "city connected clubs". Just want the etihad expanded, cheaper mix of seats and with a normal atmosphere full of youngsters and a shit hot team and somewhere to have a cheese and ham sandwich on a Tuesday afternoon. That's all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.