The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

I seem to recall City releasing a load of odd seats at the start of the season as like a 'pre-season' sale, sure they were £299
Yes they did but they were single seats anywhere in the ground same as the old value gold.£299 is right though.

Name me a premier league club with season tickets noticeably lower than City that has also won 5 trophies in recent years and competed annually in the champions league.

You can't, there isn't one.

Name me a premier league club with match day tickets noticeably lower than City that has also won 5 trophies in recent years and competed annually in the champions league.

Like it or not, New York, Australia, Japan, and maybe China and others are parts of the CFG. As are we. If they succeed, we succeed.

Name me a premier league club with better website for fans , free of charge. You can't , there isnt one.

You can blame price rises on the established elite clubs (who all charge much higher prices than we do by the way), for making the monetisation of fans a direct correlation between on field success due to FFP and whatever they replace it with.

City aren't perfect, Soriano isnt perfect, but for gods sake we are so much more perfect than any other premier league club.

Some on this thread need to remember how hard it was when you were Stockport fans. You can always go back to them, they have cheaper tickets than us and are shit so you can relive your fantasies of "being shit and proud" as much as you want.

Leave City alone and fuck off back to Stockport if it's that bad.

Name me a premier league club with season tickets noticeably lower than City that has also won 5 trophies in recent years and competed annually in the champions league.

Name me a premier league club with match day tickets noticeably lower than City that has also won 5 trophies in recent years and competed annually in the champions league.

Like it or not, New York, Australia, Japan, and maybe China and others are parts of the CFG. As are we. If they succeed, we succeed.

Name me a premier league club with better website for fans , free of charge. You can't , there isnt one.

You can blame price rises on the established elite clubs (who all charge much higher prices than we do by the way), for making the monetisation of fans a direct correlation between on field success due to FFP and whatever they replace it with.

City aren't perfect, Soriano isnt perfect, but for gods sake we are so much more perfect than any other premier league club.

Some on this thread need to remember how hard it was when you were Stockport fans. You can always go back to them, they have cheaper tickets than us and are shit so you can relive your fantasies of "being shit and proud" as much as you want.

I can't, I already live in Stockport.

We get it. You're out. Fair enough.

Just let us get on with any protest, and in doing so, trying to get affordable tickets for all City' fans.

Name me a PL club that has increased season ticket and matchday ticket prices for 7, or is it 6, consecutive seasons?

You can't.

Now go and take your padded corporate seat, in a tiered block, along with your £2.50 bottle of water, and watch a team that currently hasn't scored in 3 games, and has just lost to the worst Manchester United team to every grace the Emptyhad.

Hopefully you will appreciate your cheaper season ticket next season, while watching Pep's new title winning team? We won't want any thanks. We'll be happy in the knowledge that you appreciated our efforts on your behalf. :-)

PS. There's no need to swear.

Last edited:

We do lots of things that are good. It doesn't mean that we can't voice our opinions when we believe the club are doing something unnecessary. Because that's all it is, we've scored an own goal when the potential was there to make this quarter final special. To have a full, rocking stadium to compliment the fact we're at a stage we've not been before. To show that the club care about the fans still and are willing to sacrifice a couple of hundred grand in order to give us the best chance of going through to the semi.

The rest of your rant about Stockport just comes across as weird.

Maybe his last retail experience at the Merseyway Shopping Centre wasn't the best. TBF it is looking a little down at heel.
Unfortunately I don't find myself in that part of the world too often. A shame really considering it's the true home of your average blue.

To be fair to him I have been saying he should engage more with fans so I can't be too critical when he does. But I was saying that for him, not for us. If he engages when thins are going well and gets credit, he can use that credit when times are tough. Cook and Mancini both did that well, and have been forgiven some pretty poor mistakes as a result. No point just churning out cheap PR when things aren't so good and your boss tells you to do it. Smacks of nothing but hypocrisy. And that was me trying not to be too critical .....

As for the speech, I have written many like that in my time and it was just a bit of waffle in front of a (presumably well-lubricated by then) friendly audience. In the cold light of day I am not sure it sounds so good. Trying to tie the daughter of a vicar into what he is doing now is a little weird. Not sure he "gets" being a fan. Not here anyway ....

Just as a side note: we were in The Mad Hatter in New York for the Norwich game earlier this month: so were Soriano and Marwood. They were in NY because NYCFC had their 'home opener' at Yankee Stadium the next day. I think Marwood buggered off, but Soriano sat at the bar and watched the game with the rest of the City supporters who were there. He posed for selfies afterwards with those who asked, then slung on a backpack and left (on foot, no cabs or fancy limos).

I've been critical of the disconnect between what he said at the OSC dinner and what the Club's doing - but he didn't have to be there that day so I'll give him some credit for that.

Just as a side note: we were in The Mad Hatter in New York for the Norwich game earlier this month: so were Soriano and Marwood. They were in NY because NYCFC had their 'home opener' at Yankee Stadium the next day. I think Marwood buggered off, but Soriano sat at the bar and watched the game with the rest of the City supporters who were there. He posed for selfies afterwards with those who asked, then slung on a backpack and left (on foot, no cabs or fancy limos).

I've been critical of the disconnect between what he said at the OSC dinner and what the Club's doing - but he didn't have to be there that day so I'll give him some credit for that.
Until he rocks up at Mary D's he's gonna get grief I'm afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.