Can the wounded animal beat PSG?

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, Nasri is no longer part of the Champions League squad, it was given to Nacho, you know, that fantastic prospect the corpse still refuses to play?

It's also asking a helluva lot for KDB to hit the ground running.

Sadly, just as we have previously been victims of horrible draws in the Champions League, we are only the last man standing now by the same quirk, having been served up Kiev on a platter, courtesy of Juventus also taking their eye off the ball in Seville.

I wouldn't expect any team in the Premier League to get the better of Paris at present and we are shorn of key personnel.

I fear our entire shortcomings will be displayed for all to see in the first leg.

Good point , forgot about Nasri being ineligible , but there is no chance of Nacho seeing any champs league action , so it looks like MP has mad yet another strange decision. The engineer managed to get his previous clubs to semi finals and they were underdogs , just hope he can remember how to set up a team to defend and play with some passion and determination , and we might have a chance in the 2nd leg , we can all dream.

It's curious, but a CL semi and finishing fourth in the league would render this to have been a good season, at least in my eyes.

Nah, getting to the final and finishing 4th will render it a good season. However the flipside is that if we go out to Paris it will have been a terrible season. I guess the margins get finer every year between success and failure.

There lies your total lack of understanding of football, calling psg one of the best teams in Europe. ......and you call me deluded? They have just won their league, a league that is probably on a par with the SPL where only a couple of teams are any good, in March and by 20 odd points. They have beat chelsea over two legs. Are you going to tell me chelsea are one of the best teams in Europe too? To write us off is laughable, yes we are dogshit at the moment but to write us off completely shows your lack of knowledge of football and as city as a club.
I'd be willing to bet I've forgotten more about footy than you'll ever know mate based on your previous posts. Beating Chelsea doesn't mean anything per se. The squad they have plus the way the play does. Above all you cannot go from playing as badly as we are with no shape, pace or invention to playing well. Look at our away record over the season and our record against top teams. When we finish this season with just the calling cup and possibly out of the champs league next year, will you still be on here claiming your a bigger fan and truer blue just because you claim to not be disappointed? Course you will because you think that makes you a proper fan.

I'd be willing to bet I've forgotten more about footy than you'll ever know mate based on your previous posts. Beating Chelsea doesn't mean anything per se. The squad they have plus the way the play does. Above all you cannot go from playing as badly as we are with no shape, pace or invention to playing well. Look at our away record over the season and our record against top teams. When we finish this season with just the calling cup and possibly out of the champs league next year, will you still be on here claiming your a bigger fan and truer blue just because you claim to not be disappointed? Course you will because you think that makes you a proper fan.
You're right pal I am a proper fan, been going for well over 30 years and seen some absolutely mingin games. On the flip side that doesn't give me a badge of honour or makes me fan of the year but there's too much knee-jerk reactions on here for my liking. Simple solution is I stop coming on here and being a dick but I like to chew the fat sometimes and I'm curious as to what our next generation of fans are shaping up like.....mostly spoilt brats judging by most reactions but if our new breed of fan has only ever known success then the reaction to a defeat will be tenfold compared to an old twat like me. And I'm not a betting man anymore but I'd put every cent I had on myself to know more.

You're right pal I am a proper fan, been going for well over 30 years and seen some absolutely mingin games. On the flip side that doesn't give me a badge of honour or makes me fan of the year but there's too much knee-jerk reactions on here for my liking. Simple solution is I stop coming on here and being a dick but I like to chew the fat sometimes and I'm curious as to what our next generation of fans are shaping up like.....mostly spoilt brats judging by most reactions but if our new breed of fan has only ever known success then the reaction to a defeat will be tenfold compared to an old twat like me. And I'm not a betting man anymore but I'd put every cent I had on myself to know more.
Just because we were shit once upon a time doesn't mean as fans we should put up with shit now and pretend that things aren't going badly wrong. Some city fans would rather be shit again I think. I'm 37 so I've seen some poor managers and players at city in that time but not many of those managers would have done so badly as mp given his luxuries. Age doesn't mean you know anymore about football than anyone else. I think how much and at what level you've played makes the difference. We will have to disagree on who knows more. What is certain is the stats are with me when I say we will be lucky to draw in Paris let alone not lose and over the two legs I think we need divine intervention to stand a chance.

Just because we were shit once upon a time doesn't mean as fans we should put up with shit now and pretend that things aren't going badly wrong. Some city fans would rather be shit again I think. I'm 37 so I've seen some poor managers and players at city in that time but not many of those managers would have done so badly as mp given his luxuries. Age doesn't mean you know anymore about football than anyone else. I think how much and at what level you've played makes the difference. We will have to disagree on who knows more. What is certain is the stats are with me when I say we will be lucky to draw in Paris let alone not lose and over the two legs I think we need divine intervention to stand a chance.
I've played at a decent level too mate, I won't divulge too much but seeing as you mentioned it i thought I'd throw my Chips into mix. And your last line of this post is what I'm about. ..you never know with this team, they might turn up and wipe the floor with them. But yes on current form we'll get mullered. I'm 42 mate and like you seen decent managers work wonders with half of pellers luxuries and vice versa but I've always tried to look at the positive every time. But with our new found status and the bar being raised lots of notches and expectations gone through the roof i still find myself being grounded and not expecting too much. Horses for courses pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.