The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

Snap mate , PSG the same, I can afford one ticket but not for my 17 year old City daft lad , hence my grumblings about tickets for the young uns on other threads.

Yes the club is the best it's ever been but they are not beyond criticism on certain things.

you defend this club stoutly mate and rightly so-a fantastic football club.

Nice to speak at long last !

I have absolutely no problem with criticism as long as it is constructive, but you must agree that some of the vitriol and personal abuse of players and management goes beyond any decency (not aimed at you personally) that is why i am probably to sarcastic

I have absolutely no problem with criticism as long as it is constructive, but you must agree that some of the vitriol and personal abuse of players and management goes beyond any decency (not aimed at you personally) that is why i am probably to sarcastic

That's Manchester City Football Club for you, it's the in built "It will be back to normal tomorrow " thing that it won't last .
Thing is this time it will last, me , I will support City either way-as you will and most on here.

I've seen the footballing Aguero nirvana moment , that's enough for me.

I was in New York last week for the first game of the season, and there was somebody from Manchester with me that at some point in time said, 'why are we creating a team in New York?' And I can guarantee all of you, if you had been with me, in New York last Sunday, with thousands of people dressed in sky blue rooting for the team, New York City, you would have felt something very special. So I said to my colleague who asked me why are we doing this, I said 'okay, think about it, how would you feel if you were walking around a stadium in New York seeing 30,000 people dressed in red supporting New York United?' What we are doing is great and it helps Manchester City, and it takes Manchester City to the 21 century. It takes us to be global why we are still and always will be local and rooted in Manchester.

Think he was on about this that was talked about time ago with his dressed in blue not red comment..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Yankees-pitch-in-for-multi-billion-deal.html

MANCHESTER UNITED will consolidate their position as the most powerful sporting franchise in the world later today when they announce a deal worth potentially billions with the New York Yankees.

By his own barometer Soriano has failed to deliver miserably on the field. We were promised the promotion of young players into the team and in his own words
“We want to get to a point where you go and watch a City game and you know the team is going to perform consistently and you know what kind of football you are going to watch'. Unless he was suggesting dull, turgid football was the target the lack of stringing two results together highlights the teams and his failings.
The seeds of the turgid brand of football we've become accustomed to were sown from the first kick of Manuel's first game. I have no problem with what Soriano said, but as I've said previously the City job was too big for Manuel.

At Villareal and Malaga, Manuel had full control over team affairs but not the budget. At Real, the budget was there but he had no control and was essentially a caretaker for Maureen. At City he had control over team affairs and the budget, but has proved he wasn't a big enough manager to cope with the perfect situation.

Giving Manuel what he has at City was akin to giving a teenager the keys to a brand new Ferrari and expecting him not to try and impress his mates and spotty school girl admirers by performing doughnuts, wheel spins, handbrake turns and driving on two wheels. Manuel was like a kid in a sweet shop and it took Khaldoon to reel him in with his scathing end of term assessment which we felt the benefit of for the first 5 games of the season.

Khaldoon's displeasure with last season spoke volumes, but after starting this season like a house on fire all it took was one difficult first half against Watford for the beast within Manuel to resurface and I said it from then our season was going to turn to shit. Out went the controlled sensible football we'd started the season with and in came 442 and the gung-ho bollocks we've had to endure throughout Manuel's tenure.

If project Pep wasn't already in the can, we all know Manuel would have been jettisoned last summer. As it is, we've been practically treading water for the last 2 seasons whilst we await Pep's arrival. I just hope he lives up to, and surpasses all our hopes and expectations.

He needs to get a grip on these leaks/briefings about players leaving. Kompany's latest injury and DeMichelis recent performances have meant its become essential for the rest of our season that Mangala plays with some confidence. And yet I keep reading that he's on his bike in the summer.

He needs to get a grip on these leaks/briefings about players leaving. Kompany's latest injury and DeMichelis recent performances have meant its become essential for the rest of our season that Mangala plays with some confidence. And yet I keep reading that he's on his bike in the summer.
Don't think anybody's leaking or briefing, papers guess and make things up based on Pep coming just the same as we do in the transfer forum.

Don't think anybody's leaking or briefing, papers guess and make things up based on Pep coming just the same as we do in the transfer forum.

The media don't need such leaks. The Pep situation is an own goal for the media and it has the players on edge.

Other types of leaks have been painting our leadership in a more positive light e.g. Paying six million less for Aguero and receiving more than we thought for Lopes!

The seeds of the turgid brand of football we've become accustomed to were sown from the first kick of Manuel's first game. I have no problem with what Soriano said, but as I've said previously the City job was too big for Manuel.

At Villareal and Malaga, Manuel had full control over team affairs but not the budget. At Real, the budget was there but he had no control and was essentially a caretaker for Maureen. At City he had control over team affairs and the budget, but has proved he wasn't a big enough manager to cope with the perfect situation.

Giving Manuel what he has at City was akin to giving a teenager the keys to a brand new Ferrari and expecting him not to try and impress his mates and spotty school girl admirers by performing doughnuts, wheel spins, handbrake turns and driving on two wheels. Manuel was like a kid in a sweet shop and it took Khaldoon to reel him in with his scathing end of term assessment which we felt the benefit of for the first 5 games of the season.

Khaldoon's displeasure with last season spoke volumes, but after starting this season like a house on fire all it took was one difficult first half against Watford for the beast within Manuel to resurface and I said it from then our season was going to turn to shit. Out went the controlled sensible football we'd started the season with and in came 442 and the gung-ho bollocks we've had to endure throughout Manuel's tenure.

If project Pep wasn't already in the can, we all know Manuel would have been jettisoned last summer. As it is, we've been practically treading water for the last 2 seasons whilst we await Pep's arrival. I just hope he lives up to, and surpasses all our hopes and expectations.
Turgid alert!

I am Sorry but your very very wrong about the amount of control Manuel has he is Puppet even pep might have limited control we have a transfer committee and the finance people set the budget The style of play is set by Tixi the owner marwood etc and the mangers are appointed to fit that style.

Also bet the players where picked with Pep in mind last summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.