The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

I'm on an internet forum and I'm having multiple conversations with several posters at the same time and I don't wish to repeat every single point I've made on this subject over and over just because you haven't read and digested this and similar threads.

If you look through my recent previous posts on this subject, I've already mentioned Manuel's stint at Real and didn't see the need to repeat it to you a couple of posts later as I've incorrectly assumed you read threads just not the posts in reply to your posts. It became clearly apparent very early on in Manuel's stint at Real that Maureen was coming to Real the following season irrespective of what Manuel achieved (or didn't achieve as was the case), so he had less of an effect on Real as he would have if he'd stayed there for 3 years which is kind of obvious???

Hopefully my previous post brings you up to speed where I stand on what may have effected Manuel's mindset since he came here and just because I don't choose to constantly repeat every piece of minutiae in every post I make doesn't mean my POV is flip flopping all over the place just to gain the upper hand in a debate. If you read the threads through to get a handle on things instead of just making reactionary posts based on what's directly in front of you at the time, it will become clearly apparent to you our views only differ slightly.

So you're up to speed. Pellegrini was Real Manager between 2009-2010, he gained a points record of 96 points, but Barca beat them with 99. Mourinho went on to beat that total a couple of seasons later by getting 100 points, a feat which was matched by Barca the season after.

After his sacking Manuel issued this statement:

Pellegrini later reflected on his frustration at not being able to build a team at Real Madrid due to the club's controversial Galácticos policy: "I didn't have a voice or a vote at Madrid. They sign the best players, but not the best players needed in a certain position. It's no good having an orchestra with the 10 best guitarists if I don't have a pianist. Real Madrid have the best guitarists, but if I ask them to play the piano they won't be able to do it so well. He [Pérez] sold players that I considered important. We didn't win the Champions League because we didn't have a squad properly structured to be able to win it."

Look I have read and digested your post I am not thick

I can quote the original post in question by you if you would like

You clearly ignored his time at Real by saying he had never had such a big budget before but are not doing now ignoring his time at Real

You clearly said he has loads of control here and even more clearly said he has more control here then elsewhere where he has been.This is where we disagree

You have now seem to have moved back from this position

Soriano is growing the brand but fleecing loyal fans at the same time

Very Arsenal esque
I guess a question that I have, is do you think that city can get to the level that we all want them to get to without trying to grow the brand at the expense of loyal fans? Would it still be possible to become the best team in the world without sacrificing some of our previous values and becoming more commercial?

Look I have read and digested your post I am not thick

I can quote the original post in question by you if you would like

You clearly ignored his time at Real by saying he had never had such a big budget before but are not doing now ignoring his time at Real

You clearly said he has loads of control here and even more clearly said he has more control here then elsewhere where he has been.This is where we disagree

You have now seem to have moved back from this position
You clearly didn't read the thread so here is where I rest. I'll leave you to it pal as going round and round in pedantic circles chewing the cud over minutiae isn't my idea of enjoyment on a Bank Holiday.

I guess a question that I have, is do you think that city can get to the level that we all want them to get to without trying to grow the brand at the expense of loyal fans? Would it still be possible to become the best team in the world without sacrificing some of our previous values and becoming more commercial?
I think you can do both in the current climate of TV money coming in quicker than you can spend it. The overall money generated via ticket sales is so small in comparison to other revenues I think the positive press would more than make up the couple of million shortfall.
It's a delicate balancing act but we need the younger generation to be able to afford coming to games otherwise in 10 years we could be in a situation where genuine blues are replaced by day trippers.

I think that Soriano has been pretty lazy in this approach and with all the money in the game we could charge all season tickets something like £300 per season or £10-15 a ticket.

Anyone could have took over and start charging more with the sheikh's contacts gifting us big commercial deals

Everyone seems to be telling us that the sheikh is using MCFC as a marketing tool, what better marketing than showing the sporting world that they appreciate the fans, charging them well below average in comparison to our competitors. The positive spin on this would be phenomenal, maybe forcing other clubs to do likewise. Thinking outside the box is what the CEO should be doing.

Of course, I've got a vested interest like most on here, but football seems to be getting lost at the moment, and something revolutionary like this would be a huge step to getting football back to grassroots

I think that Soriano has been pretty lazy in this approach and with all the money in the game we could charge all season tickets something like £300 per season or £10-15 a ticket.

My Seasoncard in 117 is £600 and I'm not even remotely hopeful for a 50% decrease in price. Away tickets have been capped at £30 (which I'm sure City unsuccessfully voted against) so £10 to £15 is pie in the sky too.

Baffling speech by Ferran S. He wants us to welcome every Tom, Dick and Abdul like they're one of us. Packages including a tour, meal and exiting through the gift shop will become more prevalent. I attended Malaga v Barcelona in January and found pretty much every home fan to be friendly and welcoming. Perhaps they're not a fair example because Malaga have many English fans but it's interesting nevertheless. I also want to go to Seville for Real Betis.

My Seasoncard in 117 is £600 and I'm not even remotely hopeful for a 50% decrease in price. Away tickets have been capped at £30 (which I'm sure City unsuccessfully voted against) so £10 to £15 is pie in the sky too.

Baffling speech by Ferran S. He wants us to welcome every Tom, Dick and Abdul like they're one of us. Packages including a tour, meal and exiting through the gift shop will become more prevalent. I attended Malaga v Barcelona in January and found pretty much every home fan to be friendly and welcoming. Perhaps they're not a fair example because Malaga have many English fans but it's interesting nevertheless. I also want to go to Seville for Real Betis.

Yeah I know its pie in the sky...but wouldn't it be nice if a club did this. in the grand scheme of things season ticket money is a drop in the ocean

Expecting my £770 for colin bell level 1 to be increased...will be the straw that breaks the camels back for me

Expecting my £770 for colin bell level 1 to be increased...will be the straw that breaks the camels back for me

That's so sad. I myself could probably find £77 a month myself as I am fortunate to have few outgoings now but I wouldn't on general principal. I'm only £170 behind you now. It's incomprehensible that I'd pay that in 117.

Unless you've got proof of that, then you're talking bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.