The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

Unless you've got proof of that, then you're talking bollocks.

I've read it numerous times. We currently think £60 is a fair price for PSG tickets and are very quiet about next season's prices. Why would we welcome such a substantial price cut when we charge away fans big money?

Name me a premier league club with season tickets noticeably lower than City that has also won 5 trophies in recent years and competed annually in the champions league.

You can't, there isn't one.

Name me a premier league club with match day tickets noticeably lower than City that has also won 5 trophies in recent years and competed annually in the champions league.

Like it or not, New York, Australia, Japan, and maybe China and others are parts of the CFG. As are we. If they succeed, we succeed.

Name me a premier league club with better website for fans , free of charge. You can't , there isnt one.

You can blame price rises on the established elite clubs (who all charge much higher prices than we do by the way), for making the monetisation of fans a direct correlation between on field success due to FFP and whatever they replace it with.

City aren't perfect, Soriano isnt perfect, but for gods sake we are so much more perfect than any other premier league club.

Some on this thread need to remember how hard it was when you were Stockport fans. You can always go back to them, they have cheaper tickets than us and are shit so you can relive your fantasies of "being shit and proud" as much as you want.

Leave City alone and fuck off back to Stockport if it's that bad.

Well said. We are the luckiest fans on the planet.

Well said. We are the luckiest fans on the planet.
Don't take this the wrong way and you can correct me if I'm wrong but don't you reside in the states? If you do then surely something such as ticket prices has no effect on you either way and you're not in a position to say everything is ok.

In a sense we are the luckiest fans on the planet. There's so much that our owners have given us it would be a nonsense to suggest otherwise. That doesn't mean when it comes to important matters such as ticket prices we should allow ourselves to be bent over and accept every price hike.

We are the luckiest fans, no doubt but ticket prices are one thing our owner and our club have complete control over and they have the chance to back up fully the talk of it being a community club, for the community and price accordingly.

TV money involved with business revenues means we can be the one club to buck the trend of increasing prices and lay down the marker for the rest of the PL and it will not hurt us one bit on the pitch as figures provided on here by those with far more brains than me on the subject have shown.

I've read it numerous times. We currently think £60 is a fair price for PSG tickets and are very quiet about next season's prices. Why would we welcome such a substantial price cut when we charge away fans big money?
I thought £60 was a rubbish price for PSG so I bought a £40 one. Season cards don't need a substantial price cut just freezing for a period, most cup games have been fairly priced in the main. The biggest problem are some of the league matchday prices.
Do we need there be a campaign to reduce matchday tickets and to encourage a freezing of season cards yes we probably do. Do we need to try and get the club to engage with fans again yes.
Do we need a walkout over PSG prices, in my opinion that's an over reaction.
For what it's worth I think the publicity and 1894 protest will result in some movement from the club, though I also think s/ c prices could well have been frozen this summer anyway, we'll never know now though, if they are frozen both sides will claim credit and that's not bad because the club won't want to look like they've been forced into what they might have been planning anyway. Which is were the engagement with fans would have helped which I think would be the biggest success of this story if we can get that.

TV money involved with business revenues means we can be the one club to buck the trend of increasing prices and lay down the marker for the rest of the PL and it will not hurt us one bit on the pitch as figures provided on here by those with far more brains than me on the subject have shown.

In terms of season tickets, if they go up we're actually going against the trend, rather than bucking it. This is slightly old data and more may have changed since then but:

Frozen ST prices: Arsenal, Palace, United, Norwich, Swansea, Chelsea, Spurs
Reduced ST prices: West Ham, Everton (after selling a record number last year), Sunderland
Mixture of increases and deceases: Liverpool, Newcastle
TBA: The rest (including City)

United are freezing season ticket prices for the fifth year running, though their standard ticket pricing can be obscene for cup games in particular.

Name me a premier league club with season tickets noticeably lower than City that has also won 5 trophies in recent years and competed annually in the champions league.

Name me a premier league club with match day tickets noticeably lower than City that has also won 5 trophies in recent years and competed annually in the champions league.

Like it or not, New York, Australia, Japan, and maybe China and others are parts of the CFG. As are we. If they succeed, we succeed.

Name me a premier league club with better website for fans , free of charge. You can't , there isnt one.

You can blame price rises on the established elite clubs (who all charge much higher prices than we do by the way), for making the monetisation of fans a direct correlation between on field success due to FFP and whatever they replace it with.

City aren't perfect, Soriano isnt perfect, but for gods sake we are so much more perfect than any other premier league club.

Some on this thread need to remember how hard it was when you were Stockport fans. You can always go back to them, they have cheaper tickets than us and are shit so you can relive your fantasies of "being shit and proud" as much as you want.

We are very lucky in a lot of senses. I don't think anyone can deny that.

In others you are talking nonsense. Price rises are not necessary because of FFP, this has been proven time and time again but some don't want to listen. Cheapest tickets is also misleading. Many have seen rise upon rise, year after year.

The Stockport thing, well hopefully it's something you regret as it doesn't strengthen your argument in any way. And probably best not to use a rag insult (all blues are from Stockport) when effectively telling blues to fuck off.

One important thing that you missed IMO, is the desire that most supporters have to feel part of the club. What attracted many of us to City and what kept many of us going through the dark times was the feeling that we were part of it, we were all in it together.

I think a lot of us have lost that feeling, and for me the people involved at the club can't get that back they're not trying hard enough.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't you live in America?

In terms of season tickets, if they go up we're actually going against the trend, rather than bucking it. This is slightly old data and more may have changed since then but:

Frozen ST prices: Arsenal, Palace, United, Norwich, Swansea, Chelsea, Spurs
Reduced ST prices: West Ham, Everton (after selling a record number last year), Sunderland
Mixture of increases and deceases: Liverpool, Newcastle
TBA: The rest (including City)

United are freezing season ticket prices for the fifth year running, though their standard ticket pricing can be obscene for cup games in particular.
Doesn't change your point but West Ham are a slightly different case as they have a lot of extra tickets to sell and are introducing a new band of tickets much cheaper than they have had before , can't recall the price but aren't they slightly cheaper than our £299 but then jump to more than The £350 band we have.

I think that Soriano has been pretty lazy in this approach and with all the money in the game we could charge all season tickets something like £300 per season or £10-15 a ticket.

Anyone could have took over and start charging more with the sheikh's contacts gifting us big commercial deals

Everyone seems to be telling us that the sheikh is using MCFC as a marketing tool, what better marketing than showing the sporting world that they appreciate the fans, charging them well below average in comparison to our competitors. The positive spin on this would be phenomenal, maybe forcing other clubs to do likewise. Thinking outside the box is what the CEO should be doing.

Of course, I've got a vested interest like most on here, but football seems to be getting lost at the moment, and something revolutionary like this would be a huge step to getting football back to grassroots

Totally agree mate, it would be groundbreaking and give the owners so much kudos , and strengthen the relationship between the fans and the club.

We are commodities - easily replaced by happy clapping morons with no affinity to the club. We could cement future generations of fans with reduced ticket prices , the big one is to get teenagers and lads under 21 addicted to City , they are the real ones who would benefit from cheap seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.