Pep- dont expect......

Keep seeing this but not sure what it is based on other than a poor season from Otamendi and Mangala plus Kompanys injuries.

He may well come back and be a fixture in the side but right now, nobody knows who Pep is going to rate and want to keep.

According to stats from whoscored.com, Otamendi is the best City player this season.

Out:

1- Bony
2- Kolarov
3- Zabaleta
4- Demichelles
5- Navas

In:

1- Denayer
2- Angelino
3- Maffeo
4- Alexis Garcia
5- Manu Garcia

To be honest, I'd like to see more of our British players get an opportunity. Byrne is definitely a better player than Manu Garcia right now, and deserves a shot ahead of him or Aleix, who I think has the most potential out of all three.

I'd also like to see Ash Smith-Brown get a shot before Maffeo at right back and, considering he's just signed a new deal, it might be a possibility. I really rate Maffeo though and would like to see him playing regularly out on loan somewhere first.

Barker is another player I'd like to see with the first team but I'm not sure whether he has the desire/work rate to impress Pep.

According to stats from whoscored.com, Otamendi is the best City player this season.

I posted on this yesterday on a different thread.

For me, Mangala is the better footballer with more potential but Otamendi is far better suited to the PL and with the right partner and a settled back 4 and coaching is the player we should probably keep.

If you had asked me a few months back i would have said keep Mangala but not now.

I'm not too hung up on why individual players have not performed; if the cause can be rectified. I am happy to give anyone that stays a clean slate. In Yaya's case, I'd like to see what losing some weight would do.

That's exactly why I'd want Yaya gone. You're willing to allow Yaya another chance, dependent on him losing weight. I'm thinking, why the fuck is a pro footballer on £250k plus a week not in shape? He's had a few injuries yes but the truth is his mentality is completely wrong. He's not putting anywhere near enough effort in to justify us keeping him. Time he went.

Seems a real pity we have already loaned Roberts out for next season but the extra game time he is getting may be a good thing long term.

Diaz does look a very exciting propsect but is his obvious skill enough to allow him to compete with the physicallity of the Premier League?

That's a good question regarding Diaz ( co-incidentally he is starring for Spain under 17's v Italy at the moment). It is very hard to judge a youngster when they are progressing from age 14-19 as to whether they will make it in the Premier. I remember John Bostock at Palace who everyone was raving about and he played for England at every junior level when Spurs bought him and he struggled. Others who I thought were too small and wouldn't adjust to life in the Premier have done so eg Scholes.

When we last won the Youth Cup we saw 3 players go on to have careers in the Prem, Sturridge, Trippier and Mee, which is a good percentage. I would have thought Chelsea after dominating at this level for so long would have brought more through. Not an exact science, but my guess is that Diaz will adapt to the rough and tumble of the Prem.

Yes I agree Billy. Also Arsenal will be in the mix, Leicester will fade IMHO and I think Everton's woes will continue. I continue to be impressed by Koeman at Saints.

One team who I think are at a watershed moment are Chelsea. There are numerous player issues, I don't know enough about Conte and what impact he will have. He is an unknown quantity to me. I also wonder for how long Roman will continue to plough millions into Stamford Bridge when he has other interests.

All in all , as you say it will be very tough and competitive. However with Pep we are well positioned.

I am also intrigued to see what business Liverpool do this summer and I fully expect them to be one of the top teams next season. It's going to be a very interesting season IMO because I don't expect Spurs to get worse, I expect Liverpool to improve and City to improve. Chelsea too. United depends on whether they leave Louis in charge. All in all though it's going to be tough and competitive.

We need serious upgrades on defence and midfield.

I agree Billy, see my response above, I managed to cock up linking my reply to this.

Think we need:
2x CM
1x Winger who can play striker
1x CB
2x FB

Priority being CM's & at least 1 fullback for me. An upgrade on Navas who can also play striker would be very useful (i.e. Sanchez). We cannot go into a season with 4 30+ waning fullbacks, Zabba off would suggest a new RB, people have said Angelino may be given his chance so hopefully that's Kolarov off - that's just 1 new signing but a far better looking scenario in the fullback department in my eyes.

The dream: Gundogan + Pogba, Sanchez & any decent fullback. I know we won't be close to all that lot, but if we got 2 of them that's not a bad start.
Out: Yaya, Demichelis, Bony, Zabaleta & Kolarov.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.