Swansea (a) Post Match Thread

The main difference I can see was the man in charge. Let's see what a proper manager can do with the squad we have, no more dogmatic 442, with Yaya as one of the midfield 2 and Bony supporting Aguero. No more weird substitutions, no more weird tactical adjustments and no more square pegs in round holes.

I look forward to a life post Pellegrini, as for the misfortunes, imo he's brought most of it on himself.

Much as I've given Pellegrini some stick the last 18 months or so, I think even Pep would have his work cut out with this lot. In all honesty I'd happily say ta-ta to Kolarov, Mangala, Ya Ya, Bony, Delph and Sterling, plus a reluctant farewell to Zaba and even Kompany

I think you know the point I am trying to make, but your blinded by your views on him. Our squad has weakened over his tenure, Age, recurring injuries and attitude have been the main factors, but you carry on blaming the manager if it makes you feel better.

This place is going to be hilarious next season
So are you starting your 'Pep Out' thread now, or waiting until after pre season?

Also is it you who's handling the supporters whip round for a thank you advert in the papers for Manuel?

If so, how are the donations going? Better than the less than fervent reaction Manuel got last Sunday I hope.

I can see the torch you're carrying extinguishing as I type away.

Last edited:
One of Mangala or Otamendi has got to go. I just think for all his lapses, Otamendi is far more comfortable in possession. I shit myself whenever Mangala's got the ball, regardless of whether he's under pressure or not

True, but Otamendi turns 29 next season. He's not improving from here. Mangala has shown some signs of getting better, albeit still makes 2 to 3 howlers per game.

Honestly mate, all you have to do is compare and contrast our squad list with the rest of the Premier League and which ever way I look out on it, we still come out with the strongest. What we are lacking is down to a manager who has failed to get the sum of the parts available to him, imo it's as simple as that.

The problem is that this season, we have not had the luxury of having our strongest team available. Do you not agree that the drop off in quality in our squad is big, which has led to a more level playing field?

Do you agree we have been carrying passengers / players past their best?

The worry for me is that these players today couldn't motivate themselves to put on a good performance, you would think they would have tried to impress pep in the last game and I see that as a huge problem.

I think Otamendi believes he's 'dominating' defence by being aggressive and it probably works in some other leagues, but in the PL it's damn risky. I don't think he's a bad defender, I think he's quite decent, but needs to curb his aggression. There are times when you need to make sure a striker knows you're there, but he doesn't need reminding every 5 minutes!
I quite like that he's willing to come out with the ball at his feet - I think he's more confident on the ball than a lot of defenders - again though, he needs to balance his enthusiasm for coming out with the ball against ensuring we're still a solid defensive unit, and sometimes, when he loses the ball, he leaves us exposed.

Haha, mate, that is pretty much the conversation I've just had. Felt like throwing the TV through the fucking window.

I disagree about Nacho though, it was only a game as bad as last week against Arsenal, lol - he's got great promise but just so raw at the moment.

My main concern with Kelechi is that, unlike Rashford, he doesn't seem to have a change of gear. He definitely needs to be brought through gradually and I'd certainly want us to be in the market for a top striker in the summer. His judgment and control were fucking awful today, but I was probably more annoyed with Aguero. Our best ever striker he may be, but he's coasting big time at the moment. Hopefully Pep will get him firing on all cylinders again

So are you starting your 'Pep Out' thread now, or waiting until after pre season?

Also is it you who's handling the supporters whip round for a thank you advert in the papers for Manuel?

If so, how are the donations going? Better than the less than fervent reaction Manuel got last Sunday.

I can see the torch you're carrying extinguishing as I type away.

Why would I be starting a pep out thread?
Why would I be handling a whip round for Pellers?

yada yada yada

Thing is, you can only see your point and therefore everyone else is being silly.

True, but Otamendi turns 29 next season. He's not improving from here. Mangala has shown some signs of getting better, albeit still makes 2 to 3 howlers per game.

Mangala lacks concentration for me. I think he will be gone. I'm not a fan of either.

However if the prediction of only 2/3 players coming in proves to be right them maybe they will both stay.

Honestly mate, all you have to do is compare and contrast our squad list with the rest of the Premier League and which ever way I look out on it, we still come out with the strongest. What we are lacking is down to a manager who has failed to get the sum of the parts available to him, imo it's as simple as that.

I'm not sure it's really all that amazing. Is an ageing Yaya, or Delph, or Clichy, or Navas, or Fernando, or Sterling the envy of our rivals? I'm not saying they are bad players by any means, but they aren't head and shoulders above plenty of others in the league. Yaya once WAS, but not any more.
If you can keep Aguero and Kdb/Silva quiet, you stand a half decent chance against City - as evidenced this season. On a good day, we are a great team, but on a typical day, we're not better than 'good' - which is pretty much what can be said for Arsenal, Spurs, United, Liverpool etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.