Are we looking to sign a striker?

That is totally ridiculous. No team would ever consider starting a season with a pool of 2 strikers.

Unbelievable. We had a quartet of strikers until very recently.

Aguero, Dzeko, Bony, Jovetic
Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko, Jovetic
Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli

Need atleast one Top quality striker to complement Aguero.

if we bring in another number 9 kelechi will barely get a game and will go backwards.

he is good enough to be our back u striker in my opinion.

what we need is a goal-scoring winger on our wings to supplement the goals like barca, bayern and madrid do.

Yeah.... tend to agree. Still, I'd sell him and wish him the best in his new club.

I'd expect Bony to perform well wherever we trade him next... but for City - he just hasn't cut it.

I find it very strange, the whole situation of how bad Bony has become. Bony is nowardays being classed as a complete duckegg who can't control the ball, wheras he was a highly skilled & clever footballer who scored goals, until we signed him. Plus he's scored how many headers compared to at Swansea ? But how many actual opportunities for headers compared to at Swansea ?

Tbh, although he isn't really a 'Pep' type player, I wouldn't care if Bony stayed, because if the Swansea version of Bony had been playing for Bayern v Atletico, with the amount of ball that came in, then Bayern would have won by a street. If he stayed, Pep would use him properly.

If he leaves, we will definitely sign a replacement imo. That could likely be a goal scoring wide player as Dax suggests, but I wouldn't rule out a central striker, as Pep has no problem playing central strikers wide in a 3 if he feels like it anyhow. Even Aguero may be asked to do various different jobs.

Pep uses more attackers. Kelechi will get games.

Pep isn't known for rotating a lot. He might need to change it due to the demands of the Premier League and its cup competitions, but he prefers very much a similar starting line up.

Knowing Aguerro and his injury record Iheanacho still doesn't need to worry.

We don't need a striker. We need goals from out wide. We have Kelechi and we have Aguero. Beneath them we have an academy to pluck from if things get desperate. Failing that, we also have De Bruyne and even Silva who have successfully played a false 9 position before.

What we cannot do is go into a season with wingers who don't offer a goal threat. We play with two attacking players who offer literally no goal threat and given our targets and ambitions, it's batshit crazy.

Pep isn't known for rotating a lot. He might need to change it due to the demands of the Premier League and its cup competitions, but he prefers very much a similar starting line up.

He has recently left out Muller & Lewendowski for example & changed half the Bayern team when games came on top. The Prem is much tougher. I think he will switch it quite a lot.

That is totally ridiculous. No team would ever consider starting a season with a pool of 2 strikers.

Bayern have only Lewandowski, then players who can fill in i.e Muller & Coman

Barca have only Suarez, then players who can fill in i.e Messi & Munir

Real Madrid have only Benzema, then players who can fill in i.e Jese & Ronaldo

Bayern have only Lewandowski, then players who can fill in i.e Muller & Coman

Barca have only Suarez, then players who can fill in i.e Messi & Munir

Real Madrid have only Benzema, then players who can fill in i.e Jese & Ronaldo

Yeah it doesn't have to be an out & out cf, but still the goals have to come from somewhere. If we are using people like Gundogan in midfield, we have DeBruyne, then whatever Kelechi contributes, Sterling as backup to Aguero.

You have mentioned several Bayern players but then you can add Ribery who scores 1 in 3 & Robben who scores 1 in 2.

If you compare that group to ours & add in the various different types of goals they all score, we are currently miles behind in firepower in general.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.