Colonoscopy

Had one a couple of years ago, for all the use it was, they might as well have shoved a camera up me arse

There is only so far they can see up with this and down from the top with an Endoscopy so if they send you for further scans then don't worry,it's so they can see in the middle bit

Had one last week chose not to have sedation as you have to stay a couple of hours after but did have gas and air ( not wind). They put the screen on so you can watch the camera on its journey jeez give me sky sports any day!.anyway it all looks the same as the movie prep cleans your insides I had 3 small Pollops removed . And the doctors said to me "didn't you have prostate cancer" I said yes he said age 46 isn't that a bit young for prostate cancer so I replied " I didn't ask for it" to which he said it wouldn't be fair to get cancer again and told me everything was clear. Relieved wasn't the word it's been a long six months for me wudnt wish it on anyone.

I chickened out and had the sedation. Only had to stay an hour or so but couldn't drive for 24 hours. I had 4 polyps, was told I would have to have the procedure every 3 years.

On the plus side I lost a few pounds with the 24 hour starvation diet and drink.

I'm having mine tomorrow morning. I drank the polyethylene glycol 2.5 hours ago and nothing is happening.

You need to drink plenty of fluid to make it work. The stuff I took for mine was vile and I had to drink so much every hour to make sure it worked. A nurse told me they had a far nicer tasting method but didn't use it because it meant patients still had to drink several pints of water afterwards but they never did. So they used to one which contained "medicine" and made them drink it every hour.

I'm 35 and have my 3rd one early next year.

On a gene testing programme, as lost my mum at 55 and my sister at 32 to bowel cancer, so they are testing me and my sister every couple of years. The worst part is the clearing yourself out the night before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.