Ex City Youth Players

Maybe: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/barcelona-...s-before-completing-denis-suarez-deal-1563968

Their buy back clause looks to be for less than they got for him the first time around. Something smells in this transfer as I still don't think he'll get near Barca's 1st team, he's supposedly insisting on playing time clauses and more money than they're offering so he appears to be wary of it too.

Not exactly prolific for Villareal either despite any plaudits he gets.
Spanish-based journo on Talksport Transfer Tavern (yes I know it's Talksport) said the same thing.
Barca want it and Villareal are being backed into a corner, but Suarez is wary because the fringe players like Turan and Vidal got very little playing time following the lifting of the transfer ban.
Basically there's a feeling Enrique has very little faith out side of his first 11.

Would love to see Westwood back at City
This. SInce he's stuck in Championship he may consider being back at City, working with Pep and winning tophies... Although gametime is an attractive thing as well.

I usually buy him for City in FM 2013 and he's a perfect back-up keeper.

Anyway, we're not seeing any englishmen or academy graduates at the club during this spanish reign.

A couple of good articles in the press about the number of ex-Man City youth players in the Euros. I didn't realize how many there were. Also nice to hear from Jim Cassell. He did such a wonderful job at the club. I had no idea how broke the club was when he started! Talk about making something from nothing. Also good to see he still is a season ticket holder.

Last edited:
A couple of good articles in the press about the number of ex-Man City youth players in the Euros. I didn't realize how many there were. Also nice to hear from Jim Cassell. He did such a wonderful job at the club. I had no idea how broke the club was when he started! Talk about making something from nothing. Also good to see he still is a season ticket holder.
You're making that up, we don't have a youth system.

Edit: They're all copy & paste jobs from the MEN
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/euro-2016-manchester-city-academy-11461449
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/manchester-city-academy-euro-2016-11461512

Along with the obligatory first comment from an obsessed, bitter rag. Those salty tears...

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Courtney Meppen-Walter play for Stockport at Brackley tonight. Wore the number 10 shirt playing at centre back which was quite upsetting from an OCD point of view, also got subbed at half time. He's put on a lot of weight...

Saw Courtney Meppen-Walter play for Stockport at Brackley tonight. Wore the number 10 shirt playing at centre back which was quite upsetting from an OCD point of view, also got subbed at half time. He's put on a lot of weight...

He scored a fantastic lob a few weeks ago -

Omar Elabdellaoui is about to join Hull on loan. If he's any good we should buy him back!

By my count thats now 11 former Cit youth players in the Premier League :

Joey Barton - Burnley

Glenn Whelan - Stoke City

Kasper Schmeichel - Leicester City

Stephen Ireland - Stoke City

Adam Clayton - Middlesborough

Ben Mee - Burnley

Daniel Sturridge - Liverpool

Kieran Trippier - Tottenham

Loris Karius - Liverpool

Omar Elabdellaoui - Hull City

Neil Taylor - Swansea City

Can anyone think of any more?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.