Yaw Yeboah

You wonder if they'd got a shot at the first team then when they were really at it where they'd be now. Rashford has simply got the chance and taken it. Sadly I wonder if other younger players will get a chance ahead of them.

It has been looking to me as if we had effectively destroyed the chances of a whole generation of players ( I say 'we' I mean Pellegrini) & had others, such as Yeboah, who we had just signed on a punt, to grab them 'just in case' they made it. I figured, as you say, that the new generation would be the ones to get the chance, as they would be coming through full of beans at the right time (ie now that con artist has gone), rather than gone stale.

Imo, a moment comes where a kid is 'on fire' & that's the moment you play him. Doesn't matter if he's a 16 year old skinny streak of piss, get him in, let him see the finish line, you can just take him out again if it doesn't work. Leave a 17 year old Jimi Hendrix playing Oasis tunes for 2 years with nothing else to inspire him you end up with a Noel Gallagher level guitarist, or a bus driver or plumber etc, not a 19 year old Jimi Hendrix.

Sane, Rashford, even James Wilson, they got a shot in the arm right when they needed it & two of the 3 took the chance. Non of them are the finished article even now. Doesn't matter. They have a shot.

It appears that most of these kids, including the African lads & Barker, Jack Byrne etc, are going to get one more chance to impress the main man. Now it's upto them, to grab the opportunity, before the younger kids overtake them.

You wonder if they'd got a shot at the first team then when they were really at it where they'd be now. Rashford has simply got the chance and taken it. Sadly I wonder if other younger players will get a chance ahead of them.
If you mean the RtD lads then I'd have thought work permit issues were a major reason why they're out on loan and not here.

It has been looking to me as if we had effectively destroyed the chances of a whole generation of players ( I say 'we' I mean Pellegrini) & had others, such as Yeboah, who we had just signed on a punt, to grab them 'just in case' they made it. I figured, as you say, that the new generation would be the ones to get the chance, as they would be coming through full of beans at the right time (ie now that con artist has gone), rather than gone stale.

Imo, a moment comes where a kid is 'on fire' & that's the moment you play him. Doesn't matter if he's a 16 year old skinny streak of piss, get him in, let him see the finish line, you can just take him out again if it doesn't work. Leave a 17 year old Jimi Hendrix playing Oasis tunes for 2 years with nothing else to inspire him you end up with a Noel Gallagher level guitarist, or a bus driver or plumber etc, not a 19 year old Jimi Hendrix.

Sane, Rashford, even James Wilson, they got a shot in the arm right when they needed it & two of the 3 took the chance. Non of them are the finished article even now. Doesn't matter. They have a shot.

It appears that most of these kids, including the African lads & Barker, Jack Byrne etc, are going to get one more chance to impress the main man. Now it's upto them, to grab the opportunity, before the younger kids overtake them.
I really hope they take it.

If you mean the RtD lads then I'd have thought work permit issues were a major reason why they're out on loan and not here.
No I mean Ambrose, Barker and that group. They were playing well and given a chance who knows what impact they could have made. I know they might be raw but give them a go.

No I mean Ambrose, Barker and that group. They were playing well and given a chance who knows what impact they could have made. I know they might be raw but give them a go.
Ahh, Ambrose was crocked so that was never going to happen I'm afraid, maybe this season although I have no idea if he's over it or not. Barker's an odd one as he has the talent no doubt but I'm not sure if it's his mentality keeping him back. If you watch him when he loses the ball (recently at least) his head goes down and he doesn't seem to care about getting it back. Maybe Pep can work his magic on him.

This all day long. I'm loving that it sounds like Pep is very serious about our academy and checking all our youth out - and i trust our players to show him reasons to get those vital chances in the first team.

Imo, it all went wrong for Ambrose when he landed awkwardly in that friendly game in Abu Dhabi, just sheer bad luck. That season we had several players who were on fire including, Ambrose, Barker, Boadu & two of them, Ambrose & Boadu, have been stop start with injuries ever since, wheras Barker ran out of steam a bit towards the end of that season & has been snubbed by Pellegrini which seems to have taken the edge off him.

People still talk about the performance of Sane v City around that time, which was indeed excellent, but for me, all 3 of those players produced several performances better during the course of that season. If I had to pick one out, it might actually be Ambrose vs the other German team (whoever it was) who were like full grown men & athletes, & he tore them a new arsehole playing as a wide striker, but was also tracking back 60 yards & tackling them.

I hope all 3 of those lads, plus others like Kean Bryan, at least get the courtesy from Pep of being good enough to merit a serious evaluation rather than just treated as pawns & some have a bit more luck with injuries.

Schalke and it was 5-1. The first ever game at the CFA and he was absolutely magnificent wide on the right.

Schalke and it was 5-1. The first ever game at the CFA and he was absolutely magnificent wide on the right.

Yeah that was it.

Watching that pisses me off so much. I can remember the optimism we all had watching that group of players, that was OUR TEAM.

How can any manager in the world justify using NONE of them, AT ALL ?

I will never forgive Pellegrini. I don't even wish him good luck anymore, I hope he fails miserably & retires.

It'll be interesting to see where these lads are at the end of next season. By the end of the last one (18 months after this game):

Gunn, EDS (looks like a PNE loan next season)
Maffeo, loan to Girona (next season?)
Evans, loan to Scunthorpe & Walsall and then sold to Reading
Facey, loan to NYCFC and then Rotherham
Angelino, loan to NYCFC (possibly 1st team squad next season?)
Glendon, EDS
Ambrose, EDS (but crocked after this game at some point)
Ntcham, 2 year loan to Genoa with option to buy (1 more season on loan to go)
Pozo, sold to Almeria
Byrne, loan to Cambuur (possibly 1st team squad next season?)
Barker, loan to Rotherham

Smith-Brown, EDS
Lawlor, loan to Barnet & then Bury
Adarbiyo, EDS (surely looking for a good loan next season?)
Drury, loan to St. Mirren and then sold to Bristol Rovers (really seems to have dropped off the map now, he's at Gainsborough Trinity)
Horsfield, loan to Doncaster
Hiwula, loan to Walsall and then sold to Huddersfield (whee they immediately loan him out again)
Celina, EDS (future loan or will Pep like what he sees?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.