Richard Dunne

People are conveniently forgetting these two damning facts....

dunneowngoals.jpg

dunneredcards.jpg

I was never a fan. As mentioned above, when he was playing with Distin he was good enough, but during most other periods he was a liability...

Jamie Carragher had second most own goals, never held against him! He saved us from so many more, and that is part and parcel of the job he had! He always got stuck in, most of those would have gone in anyway but he gave it a go at getting it cleared and there is no harm done, better than some players that just stand by or panic!

Again, the red cards, our very own Paddy V is joint top on that list, Balo must be just off of the image also? Five or six, and all of the top of the list reverred by their clubs so why not Rich?

We have had some dross in our time and he was certainly not part of it.

He was the human form of the club at the time he was here. Mr Manchester City. A true legend who like Morrison fought his demons and came back stronger.

People are conveniently forgetting these two damning facts....

dunneowngoals.jpg

dunneredcards.jpg

I was never a fan. As mentioned above, when he was playing with Distin he was good enough, but during most other periods he was a liability...

Sorry but I 100% disagree with this post.

Dunne was a cracking player for us and every bit as good as Distin. The reason Richards was hyped beyond belief in his teenage years was because Dunne was leading the line.

The word legend often gets banded about far too easy these days but Dunne is a true City legend.

He was a top, top player for us. Of course he wouldn't get in the team now, but loads of our hero's wouldn't (Shaun Goater, Paul Dickov, SWP). He was one of those that left everything on the pitch week in week out. A natural born leader.

Spot on Daz. On another point his punditry during the Euro's was better than some and light years better than many, Mills and Owen to name 2.

Dunnie, my all time City hero even more than Buzzer and I love Buzzer as well. I take the point about him being the top own goal scorer but that was because he was always giving 100% and was trying to get us out of the mire.

Dunnie,
Buzzer,
Zaba,
Vinnie.

My four in my City Hall of fame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.