Richard Dunne

And he didn't , some of our fan base had lost their humourous side these days.
I can't even remember waiting for the presentation! It was so late the Barcelona Metro had finished for the night, then the all-night buses got stuck in the congestion. But Vladimir Weiss was brilliant that night.

Jamie Carragher had second most own goals, never held against him! He saved us from so many more, and that is part and parcel of the job he had! He always got stuck in, most of those would have gone in anyway but he gave it a go at getting it cleared and there is no harm done, better than some players that just stand by or panic!

Again, the red cards, our very own Paddy V is joint top on that list, Balo must be just off of the image also? Five or six, and all of the top of the list reverred by their clubs so why not Rich?

We have had some dross in our time and he was certainly not part of it.

Much as I can't stand Carragher - you're comparing Richard Dunne to him??
Carragher won the champions league.
Therefore there is no comparison.

Sorry but I 100% disagree with this post.

Dunne was a cracking player for us and every bit as good as Distin. The reason Richards was hyped beyond belief in his teenage years was because Dunne was leading the line.

The word legend often gets banded about far too easy these days but Dunne is a true City legend.

Richards has said in the past how much Richard Dunne helped him when he first broke in to the first team.

Dunne scored a lot of own goals and picked up a few red cards as well, but we were a poor team and he was in where the shit was flying week in and week out. I think we'd have a few extra relegations to our name without Richard Dunne and cos efforts during that time.

In terms of commitment to City Dunney would be second only to Zaba for me. It would be great if he appeared at City Square to give the fans the opportunity to show him their appreciation one last time.

Served us well on the whole but was clearly severely out of his depth as soon as we started to show any ambition of progressing from a mid table team

Much as I can't stand Carragher - you're comparing Richard Dunne to him??
Carragher won the champions league.
Therefore there is no comparison.

Oh you are right in a way; you cannot compare them. One was a distinctly average centre half on a CL winning team that had some excellent players around him. The other was a slightly better than average centre half on a pretty mediocre and relegation-threatened team for the most part who (until Distin came along), had to do his best to drag this mediocre team out of the relegation zone almost on his own.

But let's not get facts in the way of slagging off one of our own. Even with all his warts, he was a hell of a servant to this club.

BTW, Djibril Cisse won the Champions League too. Sergio Aguero hasn't. I guess by your logic Cisse is better, right??

That's about it.

But you'll never win. I've had people shout me down when I tried to tell them Joleon Lescott was like a frightened rabbit on the ball. They thought he was fantastic because he hoofed the ball up the field a few times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.